Koodo Community
Question

My Thinxq changed its lock screen? help

• 7 August 2022
  • 5 replies

was texting away like normal. texted, put the phone down. a minute or two goes by and i receive a text. i look at it, swipe so i can reply and it says my code is wrong. Its a swipe code with the dots on the screen. Ive tried it over and over and restarted the phone and tried again. currently my phone is off and im a bit frustrated. What happened ? is the system down ? did my phone change on its own ? 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The phone unlikely changed password (pattern) on its own.  There might be someone else did it or you just simply forgot the pattern.

Anyway, phone normally had a backup passcode in case you forgot the pattern. I suggest you try it.

I may have to bring it into a kiosk. I was sitting beside the phone playing video games. No one else was around. Now i cant get in 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Like dinh mentioned, as a backup you would’ve set a pin for the phone. This is used after to many attempts have been made unsuccessfully with the swipe pattern. As well, sometimes it’ll ask for it upon restart of your phone.

Unfortunately the most anyone is going to be able to do including reps at a store is help you factory reset the device.

Update : took it to the Kiosk. The guy reset it, awesome. Then he himself couldnt access the phone. we tried for the better part of an hour. I took it home and i tried using my ipad, which is connected to my phone, to get in. Failed but what i learned is that my ipad also wont let me in for it shares the same swipe password problem and wont let me in at all, even with a reset. Ill have to reset that device too i guess. After hacking away, i think i got my phone back to square one. Im in it, no contacts no nothing and i had to redownload the 3 apps that i had before. my ipad is locked still. Very stressful. Guy at the desk has no idea whats wrong with it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

An apple iPad shouldn't be connected with the swipe pattern with your LG phone. 

I know this sounds Implausible, but you likely forgot your swipe pattern. This happened to me briefly and I felt very foolish when it happens. I just started using a patter I used 6 months ago even though I was using the current pattern for 6 months and never had an issue.