Koodo Community
Question

How do I get pics w/ msg, and cancel Koodo?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

31 replies

Heh, ok we get it, you’re very opinionated. As you have an absolute right to be :) 

[[and]]

Therefore, it might be that your phone won’t work at all. You can’t REALLY blame Koodo for that, but your own paranoia.

Once, to me, you said “No judgement from me”

Now you judge. You had my attention, appreciation and respect until the insult.

Bye

~v

@Dennis said:

Can you try downloading a different sms/mms app to see if the issue is fixed with a different texting app?

I will see. It’s linux so there may just be something I can tweak. Maybe.

I will bother you again, when I find out :)

Thankls

~v

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Heh, ok we get it, you’re very opinionated. As you have an absolute right to be :) 

[[and]]

Therefore, it might be that your phone won’t work at all. You can’t REALLY blame Koodo for that, but your own paranoia.

Once, to me, you said “No judgement from me”

Now you judge. You had my attention, appreciation and respect until the insult.

Bye

~v

No no I didn't judge and definitely wasn't trying to insult you, I was merely trying to inject some humour but I admit that it was clumsy. Please accept my apologies for rubbing you wrong. I was trying to convey that it may simply not be possible to make the phone work because of your extensive privacy concerns, though I'm still hoping you will find a solution. Please keep us posted!

I also suggested another app (Signal), in case you missed that.

@Dennissaid:

Can you try downloading a different sms/mms app to see if the issue is fixed with a different texting app?

I will see. It’s linux so there may just be something I can tweak. Maybe.

I will bother you again, when I find out :)

Thankls

~v

Hi Dennis,

The issue has finally been resolved. The problem is/was that the agent at the store set the MMC up wrong with one word.  While this is for any phone, I added settings for Librem 5

The phone manufacturer forums caught the difference by providing steps:

1. Search online for “How to use APN settings for Canadian carriers” or 
    I used “How to use APN settings for Canadian carriers"

2. Find the APN (Access Point Name). 

3. On the most phones, go to settings -> mobile -> Access point names -> Press the “+” sign in top right to add a new one. This worked for Librem 5 phone.

4. Insert a name of your choosing and the APN address you found in step 2. 

Check too that the MMS settings are correct. The store where I signed up w/ Koodo, entered it incorrectly.

Hope this helps anyone else sometime that needs to find correct MMS(c) settings 

~v

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Dude, two of us provided you with links to the correct APN settings eight days ago, including the MMSC.

Dude, two of us provided you with links to the correct APN settings eight days ago, including the MMSC.

I am not “Dude”.

All I could find that you say was, is not. I did find some links to suggested possible fixes and if they worked I would have said so. They didn’t work, and the one I did get, did work, and there are two minor differences.

I don’t have time for it, but try the link I gave, and compare the two to the results of the link I am certain you refer to as being answers.

If I am wrong, sorry. If I’m not wrong.

~r