Koodo Community
Question

After the transition, I cannot receive SMS messages.

• 19 January 2024
  • 32 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you take out your Roaming sim and then restarting and trying again?

It didn't help. Maybe replacing the SIM card will help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It didn't help. Maybe replacing the SIM card will help?

That may be an option. You can also consider backing up your data and resetting your phone to factory settings to see if that might help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would try your sim in another phone (one that can receive Koodo sms and MMS) first, to see if the sim is the issue

Is the R with the circle meaning you are roaming?  And I see a 2nd set of network connection, meaning you are running 2 sims on your phone?

Is the R with the circle meaning you are roaming?  And I see a 2nd set of network connection, meaning you are running 2 sims on your phone?

Exactly. I already wrote about it above. And before switching to Kudo, there were no problems with this.

My wife and I transitioned with Fido together. She is the account holder. Now it turned out that she has the same problem as me. It does not accept messages from some subscribers and cannot send pictures. We are very saddened by this situation. If Koodo can't solve this problem then we will be forced to look for an option to go back to Fido. It turned out that the service is better than the price.