Koodo Community
Question

Voicemail Issues

• 30 December 2023
  • 2 replies

HELP!  My phone is my business phone and I haven’t made any changes to voicemail in quite some time.

Just this week, callers have been telling me they are getting the “canned”/default provider voicemail INSTEAD of my original personalized greeting.

When I call into voicemail, it says my personalized greeting IS the selected greeting.

Why is this happening all of the sudden?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Shanniebabie 

We can help you out by resetting the Voicemail for you and you can then set it up again and choose a greeting.

This should fix the issue.

Please note that resetting the Voicemail, any voicemail message that is not saved or read will be removed

Shannie…. did you get sorted? Just tonight I discovered I was having the same problem (yes mine is my work phone also). TLDR it’s a bug in Apple’s Live Voicemail...which appears to have been fixed by the 17.2.1 update. If you want to use your already set up personalized greeting you need to turn off Live Voicemail in Settings: Phone: Live Voicemail. However, since the update you can now also use Live Voicemail to record a greeting and still continue to use the Live Voicemail Feature ( if you leave it turned on). Hope that makes sense