Koodo Community
Question

5G Not Working after Plan Change

• 25 November 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello,

I changed to a 5G Plan, but my device is still only connecting to LTE. 

Device is a iPhone 13 using a Physical SIM. 

5G is set to “5G On” in settings, and I’ve tried restarting multiple times, along with doing multiple “Reset Network Settings”, along with removing and inserting the SIM a few times. 

Still nothing…

The speeds on LTE are horrendous getting 10Mbps down/up while getting 5 bars, and being able to see the Cell Tower from my window. 

If I put the SIM from my work phone that’s on Telus, it connects to 5G just fine, so I doubt it’s a coverage issue  

Koodo support has been hopeless so far… 

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @604Darkhorse 

We were unable to find your account based on your community profile.

Please use the “log in using the self serve” option in the community login page, so we can look into it.

@Flo Koodo i’ve tried that but it won’t let me login with the same user & password that works on Self Serve. 

Now, it’s also locked me out of Self Serve. 

How nice… I just got a callback and the representative immediately hung up. 

@Flo Koodo is there another way to verify the account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Flo Koodo i’ve tried that but it won’t let me login with the same user & password that works on Self Serve. 

Now, it’s also locked me out of Self Serve. 

Are you able to create a new account having the same email address as your Koodo account?

If you try to reset the password, does it let you back in your self serve account https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/forgot-your-password?

@Flo Koodo got in, this is the account should be the one that is associated with self serve. 

Issue resolved after being escalated to Telus Technical Support. 

How  did you resolve this? I am having the same issue with the same phone.

How  did you resolve this? I am having the same issue with the same phone.

@rpatague I had to request a callback through the chatbot; then after they confirmed I tried “Reset Network Settings”, and some other basic troubleshooting steps the customer support rep transferred me to telus technical support. 

The technical support rep then performed some type of reset on their end, and then requested I do a restart after which the phone latched onto 5G.