Koodo Community
Question

Is my new phone actually preowned or used?

I ordered a new iphone 11 from the website.  When it arrived the life time usage timer claims that the phone has been used for 3 hours of talk time.  Also, the serial number starts with F therefore it is used even though it appeared new.  Has anyone else experienced this?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could you recheck the order to see if you ordered a “new” iPhone or it was a preowned one? 

If it was a new phone, it should be “new” as sold by Apple. If it was a “like new”, the conditions should be similar as stated here https://www.koodomobile.com/certified-pre-owned

The one I bought was new.  I am sure about that.  I purposely chose to buy what I thought was a new phone.  It appeared new in the box, sealed etc. but the history and serial number were a mismatch.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The one I bought was new.  I am sure about that.  I purposely chose to buy what I thought was a new phone.  It appeared new in the box, sealed etc. but the history and serial number were a mismatch.

When you said it wasn’t matched. Was the serial number on the box the same as the number in the iPhone? When you mentioned the number in the history, was it on Koodo website? If so, I saw a case like that in the forum and it was normal. As long as your iPhone was new (you can check it on Apple warranty webpage) you are fine.