Skip to main content
Question

How on earth are we supposed to get service?

• 9 August 2023
  • 1 reply

So my phone screen died yesterday… very old, well loved Samsung A8 that is way past due for an update. So go online yesterday and order a new Pixel 7 . Then I get an email saying it will be shipped in a week! A week for a new phone, plus 2-5 days for it to get here?

Anyway, then I go and check my order status and it says please schedule a call back, your order is under review. So I go and do that and then when I do get the call… they say we can’t help you… we’ll schedule another call…. which I never got.

Why can’t I just call you! I want to just cancel this order and go to a company that has actual people working for it, not a call back bot. I can’t wait a week and a half for a phone, what is this 2003?

So annoyed. Any ideas what to do?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well, it's an issue of stock and when you opt for mail delivery to get a phone. It's a really good deal at 11.17 a month for the pixel 7. It's a lot of phone for 268 dollars plus tax. Even more so with the update schedule from Google. It makes sense that it'd have a week waiting time. If you try to get an iPhone at launch, it's usually 4-6 weeks to ship in the past couple of years. I even preordered a phone direct from Samsung a year ago and it still took nearly 2 months. The colour I picked was longer but even the more common ones were over 1 month.

I get that with a broken screen, it's more urgent for you. But the stock goes by first come first served instead of most in need.

If you give your order number I can flag a rep to look into the issue for why its under review tho