Koodo Community
Question

What's the secret to accessing _Koodo Assist_ for my PREPAID Koodo account?

• 29 July 2022
  • 8 replies

It’s so very frustrating… I keep getting redirected to login even though I am already logged into both my Koodo Prepaid account and into the Community page. Of course the Community page requires a different password, because why not. When I try to login using exactly the same Uid/password that worked only moments ago, I get “userid and password do not match, try again”. Say what?

I’m ready and willing to work with the tech team at Koodo / Koodo Prepaid to get this simplified. Surely I’m not the only person having this problem.

Tech track: I’ve tried both Firefox and Chromium browsers. After I cool down I’ll try either/both with add-ons disabled. I have 3 trouble tickets open, I’m just trying to get any update info on 1 or more of them.

I’ve been a long-time Koodo customer, I want this to work for everybody, including family members and friends who are not as geeky as I am.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

(edit for clarity): on the second login I have tried both pairs of uid/pswd - my prepaid account pair and the other set for my (this) Community pages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They don’t make it super clear but there is a separate bot for Koodo prepaid:

http://www.koodomobile.com/prepaidchat

Thanks Allan, I’ve bookmarked that page. There’s a path I found to work as well, but there’s an additional two, or three, other paths that look promising to start out and then end up not working usefully.

I see you have provided lots of useful help here; thank you for that. I’m hoping someone from Koodo (Prepaid) will comment as well. I’d like to have a dialogue with some chance of seeing an improvement in their interface for Prepaid users. ATM it’s well-populated with booby-traps, and I’m pretty sure that’s not what they want.

Again, my thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As a prepaid veteran and one of the very early customers (my account number was 2xxx), I can sadly affirm that what you are rightfully complaining about has been an issue right from the start. In short: their self serve page stinks.

On the bright side though, the service itself is exceptionally robust and I have never had any issues in the 10+ years that I had a prepaid line.

Is there anything in particular you need help with?

Thank you, Sophia. delighted to encounter you here.

You rang two bells, one with each of your first two paragraphs. Yes their prepaid webpages are (ahem) clunky and not very - shall I say graceful? And, importantly, their service itself is utterly robust and dependable. I’ll add that their telephone support people have been very patient and very supportive when I do get to them through the maze.

I do have a trouble ticket open about data usage reporting, it’s about 30 days old. Your reply has helped me remember to be patient with their process (and their people). To answer your question - I think my problem has been frustration, and your response has helped abate that quite a bit.

Let’s remain hopeful that someone there will realize that an investment in website improvement will pay dividends in customer satisfaction and retention/growth through word-of-mouth.

You have been most helpful, thank you again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Haha yes I can relate. The website is also very very slow, and I forgot to mention one scary thing you may soon encounter: the "expired" bug. That is to say, if you visit the self serve portal on the day before renewal, you'll get a huge scary banner that your account has expired, even on auto top up. First time that scared the Dickens out of me, but rest assured, your account hasn't expired at all.

I was reminded of this because my husband is on Public Mobile and he had this warning about a week ago, despite them having upgraded their self serve. Koodo might follow (they use the same back end software), however my two biggest gripes (slow/clunky, expiry bug) are still there, so be careful what you wish for 😊

you mentioned an issue with data usage reporting, what is your issue? I remember that sometimes it could report data usage on strange moments, but it all added up in the end. It was just the system catching up. 

So amazing, so amusing… I first encountered the “expired” bug just on June 30 (30 days ago now!) when my plan was (as it is today) in the midst of the 3 sequential text messages about heads up/top-up/renewal. Figured it was just a system bug or human error, but started looking around to see if there were other symptoms.

Watching for the “base plan has been renewed” message, I then went to my Phone Services / Summary page to see that I’d already used 5MB of my 1GB data allotment for the next 30 days. Concerned, I checked out the details on the Usage Details screen and the numbers just didn’t add up. Nothing gave me 5MB unless I went a long ways back into the previous 30-day cycle. In fact, no continuous selection of Data Usage lines would give the 5.xxxMB number shown on the Summary.

I was concerned that there was an underlying problem - felt I had reason to not trust their bookkeeping. That started my trail of woes trying to reach support (for Prepaid!) through the website to Koodo Assist and setting up a callback request. When I do get a callback it’s from Koodo postpaid because their user interface is so ‘not very … graceful’.

When I did get to prepaid voice support I really just wanted to open a Trouble Ticket and have them get back to me. First contact agent wanted to first try everything he could do to resolve my issue himself, even offered to give me a credit for the 5MB. I finally insisted to speak to his supervisor. Long story a little shorter, that did finally give rise to a trouble ticket, and I took the reference number.

Trying to call back a couple of weeks later I stumbled around the “Contact Us” and “Koodo Assist” interface for far too long and then finally just dialed 611. When the pick a number prompt was offered I just spammed the 0 key to get into a voice queue. Finally reach an agent who checked my trouble ticket and advised it was “in process” or similar. She suggested I recheck in not less than 7 days. Yesterday I checked again, to find they’ve issued a new ticket-ID, (longer and more complex format) making me think it’s now a real IT trouble-ticket. I’m hoping for a callback from yesterday’s agent on Tuesday with a bit more detail. I take all of this as progress.

Your mention of Public Mobile led me to look at them again and check wikipedia as well as their website. very enlightening! It sounds like you are now not with Koodo Prepaid and not with Public. May I ask where you have landed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

To answer your question:

I am now with Koodo postpaid. A few months ago I “got an offer you just can’t refuse” so I went for it. Before that, I was on Koodo prepaid.

My husband has been with Public Mobile because in all truth, you pay the same for a better plan. In his case he signed up when they still offered the 5 year loyalty perk plus $2 auto pay perk. So we now pay $8 for his plan. Also PM offers unlimited incoming calls and better data/minute overage fees, all with the exact same service/back end as Koodo prepaid. And of course the same warts. Nowadays their (PM) perks are not as good, but I’d probably still recommend them over Koodo prepaid… if you don’t mind going 100% online only.