Koodo Community
Solved

SIM card and call forward?

• 15 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone! So I have a phone number assigned for a business, but no actual phone yet. I have my old iPhone 6 kicking around and was going to buy a SIM and have the number forward to that phone (at least until we have a physical space, and then I’m hoping to shift the number to the in-office phone). I’m assuming I’d have to put it on a pre-paid or short term plan in order to do this?

Is this something I can do? I haven’t been in a situation where I’ve had the number before the hardware before, and Google was giving me mixed responses. 

icon

Best answer by Dennis 15 August 2021, 20:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yea you could just grab a cheap $25 unlimited Canada wide calling plan on prepaid and rock that until you get your other thing figured out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's up to you. You can go prepaid or you can go postpaid as well. Since you are using your own iPhone there is no tab or contract and you can cancel at anytime too.

The $15 starter plan in post paid has only 100 outgoing minutes but unlimited incoming minutes if you are only using this to receive calls and not making much outgoing calls. If you need to make outgoing calls, then the prepaid plan Allen mentioned above would work best