Koodo Community
Question

Data roaming when addon removed.

• 19 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Will I have access to data overseas if "international data roaming" is removed from my account?

I got it removed from my account and I specifically do not wanna have access to data overseas so that I am not charged by mistake for anything when travelling.

Will my phone still connect to some network, consume data, for me to eventually be charged something even if "international data roaming" is off?

p.-s.: I am not talking about easy roaming.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Will I have access to data overseas if "international data roaming" is removed from my account?

I got it removed from my account and I specifically do not wanna have access to data overseas so that I am not charged by mistake for anything when travelling.

Will my phone still connect to some network, consume data, for me to eventually be charged something even if "international data roaming" is off?

p.-s.: I am not talking about easy roaming.

No, data would not work after you remove the add-on.

Assuming you still have International Voice Roaming on your account, you would be subject to roaming charges if you send any texts and make or receive any calls while abroad.

Make sure to restart your phone after the changes are made on your Self-Serve account.

No, data would not work after you remove the add-on.

Assuming you still have International Voice Roaming on your account, you would be subject to roaming charges if you send any texts and make or receive any calls while abroad.

Make sure to restart your phone after the changes are made on your Self-Serve account.

Thanks MilkyWay. I thought the same but support on the phone told me that I would still be charged for some reason which didn’t make much sense to me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks MilkyWay. I thought the same but support on the phone told me that I would still be charged for some reason which didn’t make much sense to me.

Is it possible you are heading to the U.S.? If so, there is an exception where removing the add-on would not prevent you from using data while abroad. 

Is it possible you are heading to the U.S.? If so, there is an exception where removing the add-on would not prevent you from using data while abroad. 

I’m going to Asia with a transit via the U.S. so I assume I’ll be fine if I stay in Airplane mode while in the US.

Good to know though