Koodo Community
Solved

Can’t set voicemail ringing time *61*

• 13 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Greetings,

Using an iPhone 8 Plus (iOS 16.7.7). *#61# doesn’t display voicemail access number (but it seems to be my phone number) and every parameter listed is shown as “disabled”.

Let’s say my phone number is: (123) 456-7890. *61*1234567890*11*30# results in displaying: ”Error performing request Unknown error”, “Setting Activation Failed Voice Call Forwarding When Unanswered”.

Troubleshooting done:

• iOS is up to date
  • Network settings were reset
  • Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding is disabled
  • Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Voice and Data is set to highest “G” network (3G)
  • Settings > General > Date & Time is set to the correct time zone
  • iPhone was rebooted
  • iMessages were turned off then phone shut down and turned back on
  • No other SIM card to test with
  • Voicemail and calls works fine.

Q1. Why can’t I edit the ringing time with the code *61*1234567890*11*30# ?

As I finished writing this post, I tried typing *#61# once more and it now shows that “Voice call forwarding when unanswered” is enabled, but with a phone number which isn’t mine.

Q2. How the “Voice Call Forwarding When Unanswered” (parameter listed via *#61#) got enabled while typing a message on this forum? (Settings > Phone Call Forwarding is still disabled)?

Q3. How can I change the “Voice Call Forwarding When Unanswered” to my phone number? (As *61*1234567890# displays “Error performing request Network Failure”. Typing #61# displays “Setting Deactivation Succeeded Voice Call Forwarding When Unanswered”, but typing *#61# right after still shows that phone number which isn’t mine for “Voice Call Forwarding When Unanswered”).

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Mike

icon

Best answer by Mike924 15 April 2024, 00:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mike924 

Just to confirm, are you looking to change the number of rings before the voicemail picks up?

If yes, here is how you can do it, and you will also find in the article the Voicemail access numbers list for each area code 

Let us know if that helps.

Greetings Flo,

Yes, I am trying to change the amount of time that a phone call rings before the voicemail activates, but would also like to figure out what’s going on with unknown phone number recently being listed for “Voice Call Forwarding When Unanswered” without that I have entered the USSD code for it.

Thanks for sharing that URL: https://community.koodomobile.com/plans%2Dservices%2D232910/change%2Dnumber%2Dof%2Drings%2Dbefore%2Dvoicemail%2Dpicks%2Dup%2D7817919. I had already checked it and tested with “Method 1”, but went with https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/voicemail?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=voicemail instead.

To confirm, I just entered again the USSD code on the webpage that you provided, but to no avail ( *61*11234567890**30# / *61*1234567890**30# and *404*11234567890**30# / *404*1234567890**30# ) ; all four leads to “Error performing request Network Failure”.

Mike

Greetings,

Here’s additional info, that could maybe help explaining the behavior mentionned in OP.

Yesterday, when I opened this thread, the “Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding” option was turned off and when enabling it, it would show no phone number. As of today, enabling that call forwarding option instantly shows a pre-registered number that I don’t recognize (phone number B).

Mike

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Mike!

Thank you for the details provided!

We have sent you a PM so we confirm some more details, feel free to check the inbox on your community profile when you get the chance.

FIX:

When *#61# displays no voicemail access number, get in touch with Koodo.

*** The phone number should not be used instead of the voicemail access number! ***

Use this guide to edit the voicemail ringing time: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/voicemail?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=voicemail

Voicemail access numbers should look like: https://community.koodomobile.com/plans-services-232910/voicemail-access-numbers-7804676

Mike