Koodo Community
Question

Urgent!! Lost phone

Hello.  I am aboard in Peru and I need help urgent. I lost my phone  514-475-8185 and I need to receive “verification code” from the government in  order to send my tax declaration (for security they will always send a code to the  cell phone) how should I proceed please. I need to talk to someone from Koodo not a machine.

thank you in advance. Gina Portocarrero

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately, you’d have to ask the government how to verify your ID with another mean then by SMS. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello.  I am aboard in Peru and I need help urgent. I lost my phone  514-475-8185 and I need to receive “verification code” from the government in  order to send my tax declaration (for security they will always send a code to the  cell phone) how should I proceed please. I need to talk to someone from Koodo not a machine.

thank you in advance. Gina Portocarrero

Before you can do anything, you need to call the CRA to unlock your account. It is worth considering a VoIP service to access your online account, as it is possible for multi-factor authentication. I would suggest you to look into Fongo for a Canadian number. https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/cra-login-services/multi-factor-authentication-access-cra-login-services.html