Koodo Community

setup sequence

• 8 September 2021
  • 2 replies

I have 2 phones OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 5 currently on Telus network. I would like to replace the OnePlus 3 with an iPhone 11 on Koodo and transfer my OnePlus 5 to koodo linking them to the same account.

Is it better to wait for the iPhone and have it in hand before setting up on Koodo or transfer both  OnePlus phones, port the numbers right away and then just move the one sim card to the iPhone when it appears or does the sim and the iphone  ship together?

I am trying to get it right first try 🤔

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Depends on what you prefer. If you’re not in a rush, you could just wait for that time. If you are, you may as well just create a new account and port over to Koodo once you get the sim cards. All phones come with sim cards by default with Koodo, so it’s all good. It’ll all setup the same just fine, regardless of the phones you have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have 2 phones OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 5 currently on Telus network. I would like to replace the OnePlus 3 with an iPhone 11 on Koodo and transfer my OnePlus 5 to koodo linking them to the same account.

Is it better to wait for the iPhone and have it in hand before setting up on Koodo or transfer both  OnePlus phones, port the numbers right away and then just move the one sim card to the iPhone when it appears or does the sim and the iphone  ship together?

I am trying to get it right first try 🤔

The thing about this is that you will likely need to go to your local Koodo store to put both of your lines on the same account.

When you sign up online, you can only put one line at a time. In order to consolidate both lines into one account, you will either need to spend $45 on the transfer of ownership to put all of your lines together into one account, or even worse, pay the $50 connection fee for each line to get it done in store. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/transfer-of-ownership-town

If you still want to proceed online, it would be best to create a line and wait for 45 days before adding a new line to your account. That way, you won’t have to waste money to get this sorted out.