Koodo Community
Question

Server Turndown affecting my Credit Rating

With the ‘new and improved’ ‘turndown’ created through Koodo - it created a ‘new account’ (which really ISN’T - just a new account #), I took a 31 point hit on my credit rating and don’t have any way of contacting Koodo to rectify this… (Went from ‘Excellent’ credit to ‘very good’ - I’ve worked damn hard to create an Excellent credit score after going bankrupt several year ago!!!)

I think I will dispute it through TransUnion… although they aren’t very user friendly either...

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you sign up, koodo completes a credit check.  

Does your credit report say what the 31 point deduction is for?

yes, a ‘new Koodo account’ - which it ISN’T new… I’ve had this account for about 7 years… but seems Koodo changed account number during their ‘new & NOTImproved’  ‘server turndown’ platform...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

yes, a ‘new Koodo account’ - which it ISN’T new… I’ve had this account for about 7 years… but seems Koodo changed account number during their ‘new & NOTImproved’  ‘server turndown’ platform...

I see what you are talking about there.

The new account does not need a credit check.  Did you ensure your last bill on the previous account was paid ?  How did you pay via your old account?  If you were registered for pre-authorized payments on your old account, you’ll need to pay your final bill manually.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/server-turndown-impacting-selected-customers

I always pay my bill on time… through my banking institution…

Like I said, TransUnion is reporting it as a ‘new account’  - whether it needed a credit check or not...(which means ‘no credit history’ which is what dropped my credit rating 31 points...)

I NEVER use pre-authorized payments. I always pay manually for all my accounts (phone, cell, credit card, hydro, etc...)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes in this case I would reach out to TransUnion

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could you elaborate a little more on this?
Server turndown, that sounds like you were with a different company that Koodo had bought out and then decided to shutdown the original service and give out offers to transfer everyone to Koodo.

Companies like PC Mobile and China Mobile are two that come to mind that were bought out by Koodo and then fazed out.

Koodo doesn’t just change account numbers on users and run credit checks so some sort of new account making process must’ve been done.

This is the text message from Koodo on March 8th… I have texts going back to the beginning of  December when they notified me about ‘server turndown’ (basically they are retiring one platform and using another...).

Koodo: Just one step left! You'll have to sign up for Self Serve - it's the only place you can view your detailed bills and make changes to your account easily. To complete setup you'll need the email address that you provided at activation. Create your Self Serve account here: https://txt.koodo.com/t180-rYRR or by visiting koodo.com/chat

Yes, I was originally on PC Mobile before Koodo took it over…

Yes, Koodo gave me an new account number for this recent change, but it’s the Same Account!!! (I shouldn’t have to take a 30+ point hit on my Credit Rating…) I have compiled all the text messages from Koodo and will contact TransUnion next...

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I saw this in the link provided a few replies up. Something isn't right here. 

I agree, something’s not right… no way to contact Koodo … not cool!!!

I am currently contacting TransUnion to explain things and restore my credit rating - a 30+ point hit is NOT COOL!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I agree, something’s not right… no way to contact Koodo … not cool!!!

I am currently contacting TransUnion to explain things and restore my credit rating - a 30+ point hit is NOT COOL!!

Have you tried disputing it with TransUnion? https://www.transunion.ca/assistance/credit-report-disputes

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Linda Wall - Jru Gordon is correct. There shouldn’t be a credit check when these accounts are migrated over. 

Please check your old account to make sure the final payment was made. I also recommend chatting with TransUnion to see if they could give you more information on the 30 point hit.

Since this is a sensitive topic and we want to make sure not to divulge any private information, I suggest scheduling a callback by using koodo.com/chat 

Technically it is listed as a ‘new account’ (no credit history, therefore the 30 point hit)… I think it’s pretty sh*tty of Koodo to  change account numbers thereby creating a new account… And I think it’s pretty sh*tty of Koodo to have ZERO way of contacting a human being… no phone number,  no email…

My credit report says “TransUnion  -31 points because of new account/no history…” I am in the process of challenging this with TransUnion...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Technically it is listed as a ‘new account’ (no credit history, therefore the 30 point hit)… I think it’s pretty sh*tty of Koodo to  change account numbers thereby creating a new account… And I think it’s pretty sh*tty of Koodo to have ZERO way of contacting a human being… no phone number,  no email…

My credit report says “TransUnion  -31 points because of new account/no history…” I am in the process of challenging this with TransUnion...

You can contact a rep by scheduling a callback as Chris suggested above.  It just saves you the time from waiting on hold.

Yes, I did that & received a call back… don’t know if they can do much… but noted my concerns…

Thanks everybody for your comments and suggestions...