Skip to main content
Question

Not receiving SMS verification code from "Stripe"/"Jane App"

• 11 June 2024
  • 5 replies

I’m trying to configure a service with “Jane App” that uses “Stripe” to his “Payement Solution”.

I’ve already opened a ticket to Jane App and Stripe support teams.

I’ve tested in 2 separated phones and numbers, iPhone and Android. They are both from Koodo and I can receive messages from another services and phones normally.

I also tried uninstalling the updates in my message app and it didn’t work.

Could you help-me, please?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

have you done a forced restart of the devices? I have found that this has worked for me before with verification text messages. For iOS device this can be done here https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/iphone/iph8903c3ee6/ios

besides that having the devices up to date would be good and you can try resetting your network settings, I would say that your options for trouble shooting are rather limited to the app beyond my suggestions. As you mentioned 1. You tried this in different types of devices and it didn’t work narrowing it down to possibly the SIM/koodo, 2. You said that SMS verification works for other things before, just not for these two apps, leaving the apps being the problem. So I think you sending a support ticket with the apps was the right move as there isn’t much else that Koodo would be able to do, as this platform is good for suggestions with Koodo services, not issues with specific apps. Let me know if the other things did the trick though 🙂 if not you may have to just wait until the support ticket is resolved, or if others have suggestions to try. Though based on the reviews of both apps I would suggest looking for a different platform to conduct business as they mostly seem negative or riddled with various platform issues when you read through some of the reviews.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I tried resetting the network setting and nothing changed. I also tried reconfiguring the “APN”.

I was hoping to talk with someone in Koodo to see if they can validate if these messages are at least arriving, ou passing through their services.

I’ll keep trying here. 
Thank you again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No problem 😎 unfortunately I am not a mobile master so I can’t flag a rep for you, but they do check posts quite regularly. If you would rather not wait though you can always schedule a call back with a rep through here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help I hope it works out! 

I did as you suggested and talked to a rep.
He tried changing some configurations, but nothing changed, and he told me that hi don’t see the messages passing through the services, so, i presume the problem will be at the source.

I’ll continue with the “Jane App” and “Stripes” companys.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ah, I suppose that’s what we figured. Well I am glad you managed to narrow it down and chat with someone who was able to give you more specifics. Best of luck with the developers, I hope it works out 🙂