Koodo Community
Solved

I'm Showing up as "Unknown Name" on Everyone Else's Phone

• 19 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I don’t mind showing up as “Unknown Name” on people’s phones, but if they set my Name/Number on their cell phone and/or home phone.. it should say my name when I am calling them. But It still shows up as “Unknown Name”. This happens on every single phone no matter what. Whenever I’m calling my boss, my friends, my sister, or when calling my mother on her landline phone. All of these people have my name in their directories, yet it still doesn’t show my name when I call.

Is this some sort of feature I enabled? How do I disable it?

I’ve tried calling the voicemail on my phone and looking for options.

I’ve tried logging on to the koodo website looking for something to disable.

I’m on a prepaid plan: $15.00 per 30 days, 3G speed.

icon

Best answer by Dennis 19 April 2023, 06:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What’s your phone model? It’s most likely a setting IN your phone.

Userlevel 1

What’s your phone model? It’s most likely a setting IN your phone.

A Google Pixel 4a. I’ve looked on the Google Contacts app for the option. Not seeing it. Would it be in settings somewhere?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

A Google Pixel 4a. I’ve looked on the Google Contacts app for the option. Not seeing it. Would it be in settings somewhere?

Have you tried these steps? https://devices.vodafone.com.au/google/pixel-4a-5g-android-11-0/calls-and-contacts/turn-your-own-caller-identification-on-or-off/

Userlevel 1

Have you tried these steps? https://devices.vodafone.com.au/google/pixel-4a-5g-android-11-0/calls-and-contacts/turn-your-own-caller-identification-on-or-off/

My phone seems to be different than that. I don’t have the option “Calling Accounts” from Step 4.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Though the name is unknown, does your number show up correct on phones if others you call? 

Userlevel 1

Though the name is unknown, does your number show up correct on phones if others you call? 

No. Nothing shows up. It depends on which phone. Some will say “No Caller ID” or “Unknown Name” or “Unknown Number”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Go into your phone app's settings and go through them until you find the call display setting screen. It should include items like call waiting 

Userlevel 1

Go into your phone app's settings and go through them until you find the call display setting screen. It should include items like call waiting 

Man, I’d been through the phone app’s setting like 15 times but I just didn’t see it. It was beyond “Advanced” and “Additional Settings”. Had to dig to find it. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No worries. Sometimes the settings are pretty buried