Koodo Community
Question

Extreme data usage

• 25 March 2022
  • 1 reply

This morning I received a notification at 7:11 am that I had used 50% of my data. Six minutes later I received back to back notifications that I had used 90% and 100% of my data. When I logged into my account to see what was going on  it showed that I had somehow used 1763 MB of data. My normal daily usage is around 5MB but can go up to 30MB when I’m out and about. I never use my phone for streaming movies or music. Seeing as all I had done up to that point was check my email, news app and answer 1 text how is it possible to have used that much data in so short a time? 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is very possible as a smart phone has many apps and even the OS itself that can leak data through an update or if something loading gets stuck (i had a faulty gif sent from a group chat once and everyone had a GB of data used in a few minutes as Facebook messenger continued to load and reload the Gif).

Check your phone's built in data usage meter in your settings. This should help find the culprit app in your phone.

Did you have WiFi this morning? Double check to make sure your wifi is up and your phone is connected to it.