Koodo Community
Question

YouTube not working on hotspot for it for kids tablets

• 28 April 2024
  • 4 replies

My Koodo IP shows I'm in Quebec Montreal but I'm located in Ontario Ottawa. If I try to hotspot my phone the kids Samsung tablets both say YouTube is not available in this region. 

If the tablets connect to my Wi-Fi at the house I have no issues. I've already cleared the data and cleared the cache of the YouTube app on both tablets checked my geolocation, toggle the location on and off and rebooted the tablets with no success. I uninstall the YouTube app and reinstalled and it still doesn't work. 

Im assuming  it's related to my IP address that I'm getting from koodo that's showing up in Montreal. Has anyone experienced this issue and if so what did they do to resolve it thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone are you using? have you tried to check if the device location is accessible to youtube and web browser app in your settings?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yea unfortunately YouTube kids isn’t available in Quebec.

If your data happens to be running through Quebec servers it may give the false positive that you’re in Quebec.

The only way around this that I can think of would be to use a VPN to spoof your ip to another province, or to use regular YouTube. (Which I get may not be ideal)

I'm using the regular YouTube on the tablets but I assume it's using the same policy as YouTube for kids because it's a supervisor account? Using family Link.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm using the regular YouTube on the tablets but I assume it's using the same policy as YouTube for kids because it's a supervisor account? Using family Link.

I would suggest you to follow Allan’s suggestion and use a VPN to get around the IP address issue.