Koodo Community

Port Bell landline to Koodo wireless home phone

• 23 November 2023
  • 0 replies

Hello!

While going through the process of porting a Bell landline to the Koodo wireless home phone, I found that there weren’t any instructions available specifically for this situation.  When I asked a rep, they sent me the instructions for porting a cell #, which are quite a bit different after the first few steps.  Here are the steps I followed for the landline port in November 2023.

1. Do not cancel your Bell home phone line!
  2. Go to koodo.com/changenumber.
  3. Log into self service.
  4. Select “Transfer your number from another provider”.
  5. Enter landline number to be ported.
  6. You will be directed to go to the virtual assistant KoodoAssist and type #porthelp.
  7. You will then be asked to choose a time for a call back from a rep.  Note: depending on how busy they are, this could be same day or next day or two, so be prepared for the extra time.
  8. Koodo needs the following information from the landline account for the port:  
    Name on account, address on account, account number.
    Note:  a rural address can cause issues as the address has to be entered exactly as it appears in the Bell system, which is not necessarily the same format as it appears on the bill.  The Koodo rep was able to figure this out for me.
  9. Once the Koodo rep has successfully entered the landline information, the port is in progress.  
    Note:  The Koodo rep said I needed to call Bell to authorize the port.  When I called Bell, they said I did not need to authorize it but they did tell me the date that the port was expected to be completed, which was helpful.
  10. In my case, it took 1 business day to get a call back from Koodo and then 2 business days for the port to be completed.

Hope this is helpful!

This topic has been closed for comments