Koodo Community
Solved

No MMS-picture messaging after Telus ( Voice only plan) move to Koodo with data

• 12 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Recently moved my Telus number which was on a voice only plan. Voice only plan at Telus had been changed days prior to moving to Koodo. When  the Telus plan was changed my picture messaging stopped working. After transferring to Koodo yesterday, picture messaging still did not work on Koodo. APN settings on my Samsung phone are correct. Could some programming or data from my Telus account have been carried over on the Koodo transfer and that programming/data  is blocking my MMS messaging? Problem before transfer existed on the Telus voice only plan. Any ideas out there?

Texting with no Picture, browsing ,VM, and voice all seem fine.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Julia Koodo 13 March 2022, 05:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's possible. Not sure what else you can do. Seems you've got the APN set accordingly. I'll flag a Rep to see if there's anything in particular with your account.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello! Can you please try resetting the network settings following the steps below and then let us know if the issue persists?

1. From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap General management.
  4. Tap Reset.
  5. Tap Reset network settings.
  6. Tap RESET SETTINGS.
  7. Tap RESET SETTINGS to confirm

Mobile data also needs to remain enabled from the settings of the phone in order for picture messages (MMS) also need to work, even though they technically do not use the data allotted in your rate plan, see more on it here https://koo.do/2uIxgFj

Hello Julia Koodo,

Thank you,

It is working now.