Koodo Community
Solved

New SIM, no network connection

• 25 July 2022
  • 1 reply

I got a new SIM card(monthly-billed) for an ASUS Zenfone 5Z that was working fine on Fizz network(unlocked phone, not bought from Fizz). 

I transferred my old phone number from Fizz to Koodo and the transfer did work as my self-serve account phone number is now my old phone number but I did not received the welcome SMS from Koodo. 

When I put my new SIM card in my phone, I had 3 APNs, Telus, Koodo and Public Mobile, none of them would connect to the network, ‘Emergency Calls Only” is displayed on top left corner. 

I  made a new APN as per the “Setting up data on a non-Koodo phone” page, won’t connect. 

Airplane mode is off, Do Not Disturb mode is off, I removed and re-installed the SIM card, reset my network settings, restarted the phone, switched it off-on, etc still no luck. 

Tried making new APNs with Koodo APN settings from the web, nothing is working. 

I put the Koodo SIM in a Samsung A13 and still no network. 

Thanks for your help 

icon

Best answer by Phil412 25 July 2022, 04:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

I finally found the issue, the SIM card I received did not have the same number as the one registered on my account. All is working fine now. 

SIM card number registered on your account can be found in Self-Serve/Mobile Services/Change your SIM card. 

Actual SIM card number is on the shipping card(the one the size of a credit card) 19 numbers on bottom left corner.