Koodo Community
Solved

Mobile Data not working properly. I can send and receive messages on What's App and Facebook Messenger. Google Maps, the facebook App and webpages won't load.

• 22 October 2021
  • 5 replies

I live in BC but am traveling in Nova Scotia. Since I landed in NS my mobile data isn’t working properly. I can send and receive messages on Messenger and What’s app but using my mobile data for anything else I get the an error message saying “No Internet Connection”. 

I’ve restarted the phone several times and confirmed I’m registered on the Koodo network. My phone is showing I’m connected to the network. There are no other errors showing aside from the pop-up error I get when trying to use data.

icon

Best answer by Dinh 22 October 2021, 20:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried restarting your phone to see if it solves the issue? 

Robert,

That comment is less than useless. In the future please read the entire post before you throw out a half-ass answer telling me to do something I’ve already done.

any further suggestions?

Austin

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What's app needs cellular data to work. At anytime, did you have connection to a wifi network? Otherwise you wouldn't be able to make it work when you couldn't connect to cellular data. 

Anyway, which phone are you using? If it was an Android, check your APN with this https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-data-your-non-koodo-phone

You could aso try to reset network settings and see if that helps. 

Thanks Dinh,

It looks like the APN was set to sp.telus.com. I changed it to sp.koodo.com that seems to have solved the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Robert,

That comment is less than useless. In the future please read the entire post before you throw out a half-ass answer telling me to do something I’ve already done.

any further suggestions?

Austin

Sorry about that. The number of people that don't even try a thing before coming to the community is abnormally high. Jumped the gun too soon and wasn't paying attention to the whole message.