Koodo Community
Question

Koodo network started switching to extended network coverage (Telus EXT) regularly, which drops Wi-Fi Calling

• 4 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Since yesterday, whenever I have poor reception, my network kept switching into extended network coverage (ENC) / roaming mode (Telus EXT)… which drops Wi-Fi Calling.

I’m living in the province Quebec, in an area where all networks are often saturated (lots of new residential constructions), and I need to have Wi-Fi Calling, especially since I’m working mostly from home.

I guess another provider upgraded its antenna nearby, but the reception is still poor/unreliable, so even on ENC roaming, calls/SMS don’t go through. And since I’m on ENC, VoLTE isn’t supported, so Wi-Fi Calling keeps dropping.

Any way to block ENC / getting Wi-Fi Calling while on ENC?

I looked through my phone’s parameters, in developer mode, to block ENC, but cannot find anything (Moto G Stylus 5G (2022)). Also, I thought at first it was a bug, so I tried all the usual tricks (upgrading/restarting/removing SIM card) with my phone, to no avail.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Normally all phones should have the option to disable automatic carrier selection and manually select Koodo. The option should be available in settings>> connection>>mobile network>> network mode

It works, thanks for the tip!

I didn’t realized manual selection would prevent my phone to get on other networks when the Koodo one is unavailable.