Koodo Community
Question

Can't enable 5g near Vancouver

• 19 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, I just switched to a 5g plan last week but I am unable to switch from LTE to 5G on my iPhone 12 Pro. I checked the coverage map on Telus and nearly all of Vancouver is 5G covered, but even though trying from different places, I can’t get 5G to work. I’ve set it as always on as well.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try the following : 

1. Enable 5G: To enable 5G on your iPhone, follow these steps:

• Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone.
    • Scroll down and tap "Cellular" or "Mobile Data," depending on your iOS version.
    • Tap "Cellular Data Options."
    • Tap "Voice & Data."
    • Select "5G On" or "5G Auto." The "5G Auto" option allows your iPhone to switch between 5G and 4G LTE as needed to balance performance and battery life.
  2. Restart Your iPhone: After changing your settings to enable 5G, it's a good idea to restart your iPhone to ensure that the changes take effect.

Try the following : 

1. Enable 5G: To enable 5G on your iPhone, follow these steps:

• Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone.
    • Scroll down and tap "Cellular" or "Mobile Data," depending on your iOS version.
    • Tap "Cellular Data Options."
    • Tap "Voice & Data."
    • Select "5G On" or "5G Auto." The "5G Auto" option allows your iPhone to switch between 5G and 4G LTE as needed to balance performance and battery life.
  2. Restart Your iPhone: After changing your settings to enable 5G, it's a good idea to restart your iPhone to ensure that the changes take effect.

Yes, I've tried this, turned it to 5G on and restarted. Still doesn’t seem to work though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I recommend you try to reset network settings of the phone to see if that can help. That what I did when I switched to a 5G plan recently. It worked well for me. 

As well, you could also upgrade your iOS to the latest version