Koodo Community
Solved

After accepting OS update for Google Pixel 4a, phone becomes unresponsive after a few swiptes.

• 27 October 2021
  • 4 replies

I have a google pixel 4a. Today  I accepted an OS update. Then I updated all the installed applications.

Now, when I turn the phone one, and swipe a few times, either on the home screen or in an app, the phone becomes completely unresponsive and I have to restart it.

I have removed and re-inserted the SIM card, and it did not solve the problem. I cannot use my phone.

The current system is:

I would include the build number here but the phone is frozen again.

What should I do.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by RLB 27 October 2021, 23:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You may have to do a hard factory reset. You could try starting  up in safe mode by pressing the power button, and then pressing and holding the power button until safe mode restart pops up. Then just select it and see what happens. If it doesn’t freeze, you could back up your phone and then perform a hard factory reset.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How far can you get prior to it freezing? 

Are you able to check for another update? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have a google pixel 4a. Today  I accepted an OS update. Then I updated all the installed applications.

Now, when I turn the phone one, and swipe a few times, either on the home screen or in an app, the phone becomes completely unresponsive and I have to restart it.

I have removed and re-inserted the SIM card, and it did not solve the problem. I cannot use my phone.

The current system is:

I would include the build number here but the phone is frozen again.

What should I do.

Thank you.

Is it possible you do not have enough available storage space on your device? Have you tried these steps to see if it works? https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/6377386?hl=en

I contacted google support about my issue, and got an actual human in chat.

She suggested something that seems to fix the problems after the upgrade.

- Go to Settings / Apps / See All Apps.

- At the top righe of the screen, tap the menu of three dots. Choose Show System.

- Find the "System UI" application.

-- Choose Storage and Cache, then Clear Cache. Go back.

-- Tap Force Stop.

- Find the "Settings" application.

-- Choose Storage and Cache, then Clear Cache. Go back.

-- Tap Force Stop.

- Now Restart your phone.

The above solved my problem.