Koodo Community
Question

Any way to bypass the 48h wait on the email verification?

• 17 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

After a long hassle due to the never-delivered sim card, I ported my number to Koodo after buying a new sim card. But then, it turns out that the sim card number that koodo has is the one that was never delivered, but not the current one that I have. In order to change the sim card number, I need to verify myself, and the email option tells me I am unable to do so for the next 48h. Is there any way to bypass this? Or do I need to live without a cellphone for the next two days?

Begin rant:

Sigh.. I should’ve never moved to Koodo. First the Telus rep who did the promotional offer gave Koodo the wrong address, then the sim never arrives, I get charged nonetheless with Koodo only reimbursing for parts of this charge, then I get told to buy a new sim, I go and buy one, but then this shop is not the “official” koodo shop so I get charged more than necessary which I don’t get reimbursed in full either. Then the Koodo rep who ported my number forgot to ask me my new sim card number so I am now without any a cellphone for the next two days. + I have no time to visit any of the “official” Koodo stores nearby (which is like 20 min drive away) during their open hours due to work. This whole gig has resulted in me actually not saving money but actually wasting more than what I save + time.

End rant:

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi,

After a long hassle due to the never-delivered sim card, I ported my number to Koodo after buying a new sim card. But then, it turns out that the sim card number that koodo has is the one that was never delivered, but not the current one that I have. In order to change the sim card number, I need to verify myself, and the email option tells me I am unable to do so for the next 48h. Is there any way to bypass this? Or do I need to live without a cellphone for the next two days?

Begin rant:

Sigh.. I should’ve never moved to Koodo. First the Telus rep who did the promotional offer gave Koodo the wrong address, then the sim never arrives, I get charged nonetheless with Koodo only reimbursing for parts of this charge, then I get told to buy a new sim, I go and buy one, but then this shop is not the “official” koodo shop so I get charged more than necessary which I don’t get reimbursed in full either. Then the Koodo rep who ported my number forgot to ask me my new sim card number so I am now without any a cellphone for the next two days. + I have no time to visit any of the “official” Koodo stores nearby (which is like 20 min drive away) during their open hours due to work. This whole gig has resulted in me actually not saving money but actually wasting more than what I save + time.

End rant:

Let me flag a Koodo rep to help you out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kwang 

We have sent you a PM so we can further look into it, please check your inbox on your community profile.

At the end I just ended up waiting 48 hours.