Koodo Community
Question

What are the phone conditions like on a Great quality CPO?

• 16 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Hey there, I am currently looking into switching from my LG Velvet to a CPO Iphone 11. I was looking into a phone with the quality GREAT on it. Just wondering what kind of condition do these come in? I don’t want a broken screen or a chunk taken out of the back of the phone. Are the CPO phones even worth it? 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The quality isn’t so bad that you’ve got broken screens being sold. That’s not a properly functioning device. I’ve bought CPOs before that were in practically mint condition. However, lately there’s been a noticed decline in overal quality. I’d imagine great remains good, but there has been the odd person on here reporting iphones with 3rd party parts used for repairs. 

If you click on “How good are these phones?” underneath the quality options, it tells you what to expect. For reference:

Like-new: These are pretty much brand new devices minus the brand new price.

Great: They’ve passed every test with straight A’s but may have a small scuff or two. 

Very Good: Apart from a few small bumps and scratches, these are perfectly good devices that won’t let you down

Regardless of the grade, every CPO device must pass the functional inspection where we test the device's body, camera, screen, buttons, audio/vibration functions, software, battery and network connection.”

And if it’s junk, return it for another within the time frame for returns. 

Userlevel 4

The quality isn’t so bad that you’ve got broken screens being sold. That’s not a properly functioning device. I’ve bought CPOs before that were in practically mint condition. However, lately there’s been a noticed decline in overal quality. I’d imagine great remains good, but there has been the odd person on here reporting iphones with 3rd party parts used for repairs. 

If you click on “How good are these phones?” underneath the quality options, it tells you what to expect. For reference:

Like-new: These are pretty much brand new devices minus the brand new price.

Great: They’ve passed every test with straight A’s but may have a small scuff or two. 

Very Good: Apart from a few small bumps and scratches, these are perfectly good devices that won’t let you down

Regardless of the grade, every CPO device must pass the functional inspection where we test the device's body, camera, screen, buttons, audio/vibration functions, software, battery and network connection.”

And if it’s junk, return it for another within the time frame for returns. 

@Goranmay be you are okay using a fake display iPhone. Good for you!

Hey there, I am currently looking into switching from my LG Velvet to a CPO Iphone 11. I was looking into a phone with the quality GREAT on it. Just wondering what kind of condition do these come in? I don’t want a broken screen or a chunk taken out of the back of the phone. Are the CPO phones even worth it? 

@BoondoxYes, you may try your luck with CPO iPhones. But DO NOT trust what Koodo claims….“every device must pass the functional blah blah blah...” . Please read my post about CPO iPhone here: CPO iPhones or simply do a search “non genuine parts” and you will see how many “odd” people are here! if you don’t want to be the next “odd” person then I would suggest NOT getting a CPO iPhone. Better buy it from Kijiji.

Buying a CPO iPhone is easy cause they want to get rid of their stock and hope customers don’t find out the non genuine parts used for repairs. However, returning a fake display iPhone is not as easy as they make it sound. When you buy a CPO iPhone they will ship it within one day but when you try to exchange then it takes 3-5 business days! Once that 30day window is gone you better hope that you don’t have to do any repairs. There are several posts here where customers have been running around to get their CPO iPhones fixed under 1 year warranty.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The Velvet has remarkably good reception and audio quality.  You run the risk of being ¡?!?!¿ especially if you are switching from  Android to Apple for the first time. Many familiar things will just be different.

There are many resellers of refurb Apple and Android products with a generous return period. I would try them out first. You can always do a return and try another vendor (resetting your grace period) if your first choice does not pan out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I never said I’m ok with bad parts being used? I don’t have an issue with using quality 3rd party parts that match the specs of the device. I’ve seen the odd person here also say they got a lcd instead of a oled screen, which I don’t consider ok. 

I suggest you not be so pedantic about an English expression if you don’t know it. It is rather common to have multiple meanings of the same word depend on context. If you’re unable to tell the difference, that’s fine. You just shouldn’t be doubling down, even after being informed what the expression means. And yet you are doubling down. 

Userlevel 4

I never said I’m ok with bad parts being used? I don’t have an issue with using quality 3rd party parts that match the specs of the device. I’ve seen the odd person here also say they got a lcd instead of a oled screen, which I don’t consider ok. 

I suggest you not be so pedantic about an English expression if you don’t know it. It is rather common to have multiple meanings of the same word depend on context. If you’re unable to tell the difference, that’s fine. You just shouldn’t be doubling down, even after being informed what the expression means. And yet you are doubling down. 

😜

Userlevel 1

DONT DO IT!!! They use non-genuine parts. My phone broke within a week and now they are refusing to refund any money and will not allow me to return the phone.