Koodo Community
Question

Unable to upgrade my phone

I’m trying to upgrade my phone, but each time I try to add the phone to my cart it fails with an error:

“This product isn't compatible with other items in your cart”

There’s nothing else in my cart, so I’m not sure what the error is keying off of.

FWIW, the phone is a certified used S21 Ultra 5G; how can I purchase this phone?

Thanks,
Jeff

This topic has been closed for comments

46 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What plan do you have and do you have any tab on your account?

If possible, can you post a screenshot of the message?

What plan do you have and do you have any tab on your account?

If possible, can you post a screenshot of the message?

I have a 4G-data/$55 plan, and no tab on the account.

Attached a screenshot of the error, but it doesn’t provide any additional context, unfortunately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you try clearing browser cache? If that doens’t work then incognito mode?

I tried in incognito mode on a computer I hadn’t previously used before, and still the same issue.

I tried with a different phone, however, and was able to go through with the purchase.  Still not sure how/why the specific model of phone relates to the issue, but I guess it’s not affecting me any more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Jeff.Weeks - Thanks for flagging, Seems like there was an issue that should be resolved now. 
By any chance, can you try again?

Confirmed @Chris Koodo ; I was able to add the phone to my cart this morning without seeing the error.

I’m also experiencing the same issue. Same error message too. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m also experiencing the same issue. Same error message too. 

Did you try clearing the cache and cookies on your browser? What about using another browser or device?

Yeah. And I also used a laptop like the OP and did incognito 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yeah. And I also used a laptop like the OP and did incognito 

Let me flag a rep to help you out. 

Userlevel 1

I’m having the same issue. I’ve tried three different browsers and my phone, and I still can’t add the phone I want.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Kaz112 It looks like the account has been activated recently, you would need to call in or visit a store to complete an upgrade: 

@lonita Does it happen with any device you try to add to cart?

Userlevel 1

@Kaz112 It looks like the account has been activated recently, you would need to call in or visit a store to complete an upgrade: 

@lonita Does it happen with any device you try to add to cart?

No. Just the phone I’m looking to get - the Moto G Stylus 5G

I have to wait 45 days to buy a new phone? If I call in or go in store can they do it for me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Kaz112 You can schedule a callback with an agent or visit a store nearby to complete the upgrade

@lonita it seems to be an issue with ordering this phone, I will try to get more info from the webstore team (it might be out of stock and it wasn’t updated yet). I will circle back onceI hear from them.

I too am having this issue. It isn’t exactly ideal, right now. I am using an old phone with a missing power button.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I too am having this issue. It isn’t exactly ideal, right now. I am using an old phone with a missing power button.

Did you try clearing your cache and cookies on your browser? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@lonita @TheTechNoir We found the issue and it is fixed now. 

Userlevel 1

@lonita @TheTechNoir We found the issue and it is fixed now. 

Thank you!

I am experiencing the same problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@quarrie731 Thank you for sharing! it was the iPhone 12, right? Our team we’ll take a look and let you know when we find the root cause.

Yes. The 12 mini. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@quarrie731 We think we solved the issue! Could you give it a try when you have a sec?

Hey, I've noticed the same issue on my account as well. But it seems to be for every phone I've tried so far.