Koodo Community
Solved

Replace broken phone with online deal and keep my phone plan plus data add on

• 15 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone

Sadly my samsung made its way to phone heaven via my bathroom floor. 

I am looking at an online deal with the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE (128 GB, Cloud Navy) as it is Certified pre-owned and $1 a month. I have already paid off my current phone and would like to keep the plan I currently have aswell as the 5gb’s data add on I pay only an extra $1 a month for.  I turned off TabBasic in the menu to purchase this upgrade in the cart options but I dont see the add-on that was offered that I accepted beforehand. Is there a way to prompt this add-on into my cart so I can have the exact same plan with my new upgraded phone?

My plan is currently 36$ a month for canada-wide call and text and 5gigs of data

Best Regards

Brandon

icon

Best answer by Dinh 15 January 2023, 17:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Hi everyone

Sadly my samsung made its way to phone heaven via my bathroom floor. 

I am looking at an online deal with the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE (128 GB, Cloud Navy) as it is Certified pre-owned and $1 a month. I have already paid off my current phone and would like to keep the plan I currently have aswell as the 5gb’s data add on I pay only an extra $1 a month for.  I turned off TabBasic in the menu to purchase this upgrade in the cart options but I dont see the add-on that was offered that I accepted beforehand. Is there a way to prompt this add-on into my cart so I can have the exact same plan with my new upgraded phone?

My plan is currently 36$ a month for canada-wide call and text and 5gigs of data

Best Regards

Brandon

going append this note as it seems related “Note: If you change your rate plan, your existing data add-ons may fall off.” 

so even if i dont *see* my previous add ons they will be included?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am not sure if your plan is eligible for the Tab as its rate plan was below $40. When you checked out, did the system allow you to keep the current plan or did it ask you to switch to another? If you switch, your data add-on is likely to drop.

Also, what do you mean by saying "turn off" tab basic?

I am not sure if your plan is eligible for the Tab as its rate plan was below $40. When you checked out, did the system allow you to keep the current plan or did it ask you to switch to another? If you switch, your data add-on is likely to drop.

Also, what do you mean by saying "turn off" tab basic?

Sorry, I meant I opted out of the Tabs plans. I was going to pay full retail price for the phone. I just want to be ensured through someone that the add on will persist onto a new upgraded phone if I pay the full retail price for the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE.  

you are correct since its under 40$ I would need to change my plan if I wanted to pay monthly onto the tab. however I only want the plan I currently have. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The retail price of the CPO S20FE is $690.

I would get the S21FE directly from Samsung for $740. Only $50 more and it’s a brand new, newer model instead of a pre owned, older model.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/galaxy-s21-5g/galaxy-s21-fe-5g/buy/

In saying that, if you did want to go through with the one from Koodo I can flag a rep to confirm or deny whether your plan and add-ons would stay the same since you aren’t seeing it in your cart.