Koodo Community
Question

Prepaid - How do I check usage

• 29 September 2022
  • 3 replies

This is my current plan:

$25 Unlimited Text & Picture Messaging, Unlimited Canada-wide Calling and 250 MB of Data with Automatic Top-up

This also includes:

• 30 Day Plan
  • Bonus 250 MB data with Automatic top-up
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Calling
  • Unlimited Text and Picture Messaging
  • Voicemail 10† and Call Forwarding†
  • Call Display
  • Call Waiting

Conference Calling

So I should have 500 MB of data a month correct?
Side note I now see there is more data for the same price but am mid cycle so will have to wait to change.

When I look at my usage summary it shows the one 250 MB there and I think I remember that is just how they set it up but I never purchase a booster specifically

So based on the info in the pic above I am confused...lol
It says ** since last booster purchased which I don’t think I ever did.
and where is the 250 MB from my plan?

When I check my actually usage I see this:

So where is the 152.607 used come from? 

Also here is my booster screenshot -- I did pay $10 for talk and the data shows free so confirming I didn’t purchase a data booster:

Please make it make sense...lol

Thank you :) 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

"So I should have 500 MB of data a month correct?"

- No. You should have 250 mb if you set up auto top up.

It says " $25 Unlimited Text & Picture Messaging, Unlimited Canada-wide Calling and 250 MB of Data with Automatic Top-up".

So without auto top up, no data included.

"Side note I now see there is more data for the same price but am mid cycle so will have to wait to change."

New $25 plan including 500mb. But 3G speed. And if you add auto top up, then 500 mb bonus - total of 1 GB.  More data, but 3G speed. ( Your current old plan with 4G speed BTW)

It says " $25 Unlimited Text & Picture Messaging, Unlimited Canada-wide Calling and 250 MB of Data with Automatic Top-up".

"Side note I now see there is more data for the same price but am mid cycle so will have to wait to change."

New $25 plan including 500mb. But 3G speed. And if you add auto top up, then 500 mb bonus - total of 1 GB.  More data, but 3G speed. ( Your current old plan with 4G speed BTW)

Strange! I remember when I set it up there was data that came with the base plan and the “booster” was added as an add on.  I have had this plan for years (for my daughter) but don’t pay too much attention to it really. Service sucks but right now it’s the cheapest option for her 

Thank you for pointing out the 3g/4G as well as the service is pretty much useless on 4G so 3G would be a waste of money for sure!  How can you tell it’s 4G currently?

Userlevel 5

Strange! I remember when I set it up there was data that came with the base plan and the “booster” was added as an add on.  I have had this plan for years (for my daughter) but don’t pay too much attention to it really. Service sucks but right now it’s the cheapest option for her 

Thank you for pointing out the 3g/4G as well as the service is pretty much useless on 4G so 3G would be a waste of money for sure!  How can you tell it’s 4G currently?

Koodo prepaid uses the 4G LTE network for mobile data.  Those on the newer “3G speed” plans are still using the 4G LTE network, but their speeds are throttled to 3Mbps down and up.  Older grandfathered prepaid plans and those with “4G speed” are on the 4G LTE network but throttled to 100Mbps.  Your phone will likely show “LTE”., but your plan ultimately determines the speed of the data as previously mentioned.

Presently ALL voice calls on prepaid utilize the older 3G HSPA network.

It looks like you have an old grandfathered plan with 250MB total data per month (at 4G speed), but with unlimited calling.  The new $25 plan as @Mayumi suggested will provide 1GB total at 3g speed monthly.  

“service sucks” is pretty vague and doesn’t really tell us much.  No mobile network is perfect and there are always weaker areas, dead spots, low building penetration etc.  You may have an old handset that’s not working well or that doesn’t have full LTE band support. 

Also, the “data booster” you pasted above is the monthly data allowance you are given and it shows “data used” and “remaining data”.  Once that is used up it disappears, and if you do not have any other data boosters on the account, mobile data will cease until the next monthly plan renewal when 250MB will show up again.