Koodo Community
Solved

Messed up iPhone.

• 11 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi, I’ve got an iPhone that is really messed up.  Sending/Receiving texts & voice calls are not working properly.  Is there a number I can call to get this resolved ASAP?  I think there is something wrong with the connection to Koodo.  Carrier settings maybe?  Is there somewhere on this site that I can find the required settings I need to have in my phone?

Here are the details from the test I have done this morning:

Receiving texts:

Slow to receive texts from iPhone. Not immediate – takes minutes.

Receiving texts from Andriod, but likely very slow. Cannot test because I don't have an Android phone beside me.

Sending texts:

Sending texts is extremely slow and failes with “Not delivered”.

Receiving phone calls:

From another iPhone it doesn't ring and goes straight to VM.

From landline it does not ring and does not go to VM.

Please help.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by laurie123 12 September 2021, 14:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What does your signal strength look like?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/columnist/komando/2020/12/03/5-quick-ways-boost-your-iphones-signal-strength-kim-komando/6471986002/

You can check there for the exact dB value, although a basic indicator is your number of bars. Are you connected to lte? Have you tried reinsert ing your Sim card and restarting your phone?

Signal strength is 2 out of 4 bars at the moment and I reinserted the SIM card, but no dice.

The phone has been working fine for years.  I was on the phone with Koodo customer support and they switched the satellite(?) the phone was connecting to in hopes of getting a better connection, but the issue remains unresolved.  I can’t even receive phone calls.  Koodo tech support was going to call me back, but didn’t.  I’ve been toying with this damn thing all day.

same thing here ! can’t receive calls today, except right after I call my VM…

not fun since I am actually “on call” duty right now …

It turns out that my Voice & Data setting had switched to “LTE” and should have been “3G”.

I think this was done during a “Carrier update” that occurred.

Everything is working fine again.