Koodo Community
Solved

Stream+ plan upgrade

• 25 April 2024
  • 2 replies

I started a Stream+ Basic subscription on April 14th, and wanted to upgrade to the premium plan before even activating it. I just spoke with the customer service that told me: 1) I would have to cancel my basic subscription and start from scratch a new subscription; 2) A proportional credit/refund would be added to my account. I hung up the phone and cancelled the basic plan, but to my surprise I got the message that my subscription will be active until May 14th... So I tried to create a new subscription to see if the credit would transfer to the new plan, but the website gave me an error message - says I already have an active subscription.... This is painful... I just wanted to upgrade the plan. How can this be done? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Allan M 26 April 2024, 01:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you cancel, your cancellation will be effective at the end of your billing cycle, so you’ll still have access to your subscription until then.

As well, “upgrades and downgrades are not supported at this time. If you’ve purchased Stream+ Basic and want to switch over to Stream+ Premium, or vice versa, you’ll need to cancel your Stream+ plan, wait for your invoice cycle to reset, and then purchase your preferred Stream+ plan.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@rodrigomm31 Allan above is correct and what he shared is stated on our site unfer Stream+ FAQs. Out of curiosity….as I see you have the basic package at $15 which is close to 40% savings vs if you bought it anywhere else.  The only difference between the Basic and the premium is of course the forme being ad-supported. In my experience the ads are far fewer than any regular channel. I assume you simply don’t want any ads. In which case in a couple of weeks you will be able to renew on the Premium version.