Koodo Community
Question

cannot change my plan to a cheaper one

• 21 January 2024
  • 3 replies

I would like to switch my plan to a cheaper option but when I go on self-serve I'm only shown more expensive plans. How can I access cheaper plans? 
the one I am using now is $40 Unlimited Canada-wide minutes,50 GB of Shock-Free Data at 4G speed,Unlimited Canada-wide messaging. Self-serve only showing $45,50,60,65. I don’t have a tab.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

So not every plan is available for every customer when it comes to telecommunication companies. If anything you’re actually on a much cheaper plan than existing customers. For example, the only other plan that is somewhat comparable to yours is a $34 30GB plan. So for starters, this is only 6$ cheaper and comes with much less data per month, but is only available for new lines with koodo, not existing. So overall, plans will gradually become cheaper as the years go on, but what you have at the moment / what you see is as cheap as it is currently when in comparison to what you have. Granted, phone companies work quarterly so you should check for plans every 3rd month of the year and key dates like black Friday and boxing day as they’re the lowest prices you will see in a year. For example it is currently January and as you saw the plans are not great, in fact only more expensive than what you have now. The plans will most likely be cheaper come march and are definitely better come black Friday, though I do not see you being able to get a cheaper/better plan than what you have now for the next little while. I hope this information helps 😊👍

Hi there,

So not every plan is available for every customer when it comes to telecommunication companies. If anything you’re actually on a much cheaper plan than existing customers. For example, the only other plan that is somewhat comparable to yours is a $34 30GB plan. So for starters, this is only 6$ cheaper and comes with much less data per month, but is only available for new lines with koodo, not existing. So overall, plans will gradually become cheaper as the years go on, but what you have at the moment / what you see is as cheap as it is currently when in comparison to what you have. Granted, phone companies work quarterly so you should check for plans every 3rd month of the year and key dates like black Friday and boxing day as they’re the lowest prices you will see in a year. For example it is currently January and as you saw the plans are not great, in fact only more expensive than what you have now. The plans will most likely be cheaper come march and are definitely better come black Friday, though I do not see you being able to get a cheaper/better plan than what you have now for the next little while. I hope this information helps 😊👍

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you looking on the Koodo public facing website, is there a plan that you want?