Koodo Community
Solved

Very annoying Blackberry eos message before every phone call

• 20 December 2021
  • 8 replies

How do I get rid of it?  Hope I don't have to make an emergency call and then have to listen to that message while I'm losing consciousness.  Does anyone seriously think that I'm unaware?  I've already purchased a replacement phone - from koodo.  It's not as usable as my Blackberry, which is why I'll continue to use it right up to 4 January 2022.

So will you shut off the damn message? 

icon

Best answer by rikkster 20 December 2021, 21:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What message are you talking about? 

When I dial a number, any number, I don't get a ring tone. I get a detailed message about Blackberry End of Service. Then the call proceeds. Every. Single. Call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which model BB and OS version?

Is your BB LTE capable?

I’m wondering if there’s a setting in carrier broadcast where the message can be turned off.

Blackberry Q5  4G LTE  OS 10.3.2.2475

No options offered. Just the blah blah immediately - then the call goes through.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Blackberry Q5  4G LTE  OS 10.3.2.2475

No options offered. Just the blah blah immediately - then the call goes through.

If your Blackberry Q5 is set to 4G LTE, try switching to 3G. Go to Settings > Network Connections > Mobile Network - tap Network mode and select 3G & 2G. (2G is not used, so the BB should default to 3G). Place a call to see if this has remedied the issue.

If that doesn’t work, schedule a call back using Koodo Assist to see if the EOS message can be removed. Or, if you prefer, send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or a DM via Twitter. 

https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or https://twitter.com/koodo 

So…

Apparently, Blackberry, in an effort to completely ruin any future relationship with their customers, is responsible for this piece of work.  It would seem they believe their customers are idiots. Trying to access any kind of support on their site just puts you in an endless loop. You can call, but they want money up front.

Every time I make a call, it just reminds me they made the last weeks of use as unpleasant as possible. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So…

Apparently, Blackberry, in an effort to completely ruin any future relationship with their customers, is responsible for this piece of work.  It would seem they believe their customers are idiots. Trying to access any kind of support on their site just puts you in an endless loop. You can call, but they want money up front.

Every time I make a call, it just reminds me they made the last weeks of use as unpleasant as possible. 

Well, if nothing else, other Blackberry users with EOS devices who have the same question or are experiencing the same issue will at least have a definite answer as to why this is happening. Thank you for the update and for taking the time to provide an answer.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I highly doubt basic data, phone, data functionality of the BB10 devices will actually cease to work on Jan 4… BB services may stop working and some weird error messages may occur as a result of not being able to connect to BB infrastructure servers, but that is indeed annoying if Koodo has taken it upon themselves to put some kind of verbal announcement on outgoing calls?

I just tested my Public Moible SIM in a BlackBerry Z30 and there is no such announcement when making outgoing call with that device on that network (also operated by parent Telus)