Koodo Community
Question

transfer of sim card

• 27 August 2023
  • 9 replies

• Connector
  • 4 replies

I transferred from virgin to kodoo at a promotional event and today when I called customer support they are saying there’s no card registered under my name. The day when I purchased card the rep there didn’t asked for any payment and today my account ended up having a hard enquiry of credit check. In first place I wasn’t even told that a credit enquiry would occur. It’s very strange and he even didn’t gave me a copy for records except just the card.

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m not exactly sure what you mean. Do you actually have an account with Koodo? Can you access self serve?

Yes I can access self serve but it displays no other info i requested a callback from Kodoo today and the csr who was checking she said she can’t find any number associated under my name. So basically I didn’t consent them to do a credit check for me neither they asked for a paper signed consent for the same. I don’t know anything further and even the rep who was helping me with the card was like my manager will call you for activation why does he needs to call on or after activation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Could you tell more about the purchase?. When did you create an account with Koodo? and where was it? Did he send you anything to your email? (can you check junk and spam inbox as well). When you put your SIM card into the phone, did it work?

Whenever you open a new account to a new carrier, there would be a credit check unless it is a prepaid activation.

So here’s the thing i went for grocery shopping and i think two reps were assigned from telus (just because saw them wearing the uniform). A rep girl approached me asking what sim card do i use and if i’d like to switch with telus. I told her no but we all know sales rep at the end when i was leaving the store her colleague approached me saying i had a convo with her and what was my opinion. I said I don’t want to switch but later somehow he insisted me and signed me up. He asked for a valid id proof which ofcourse who carries at grocery shopping so he was okay with me giving my credit card as a proof. However i wasn’t comfy snd denied. Luckily i had some other id pics in my phone which i provided. Later he did all the necessary stuff in the ipad he had gave me a kodoo card. He never told me a hard credit inquiry will occur.

After the purchase I didn’t signed or dated anything which is unusual but later i was able to setup the self serve. I am concerned about him not telling me about a credit check and he said me the connection fees would be waived off. Today i called kodoo again luckily another csr was able to find the simcard under my name but said i will still have to pay the connection fees and the purchase amount. Upon asking about credit check she said she’s sorry that it happened but that’s not gonna help as every hard copy pulled for credit shows up for 3yrs and affects the credit score. I’m not very happy to switch with incorrect info given. 

The last 3 times over several weeks I give not been able to see my data usage. Today I can't even see my latest bill. Is anyone else having this problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

After the purchase I didn’t signed or dated anything which is unusual but later i was able to setup the self serve. I am concerned about him not telling me about a credit check and he said me the connection fees would be waived off. Today i called kodoo again luckily another csr was able to find the simcard under my name but said i will still have to pay the connection fees and the purchase amount. Upon asking about credit check she said she’s sorry that it happened but that’s not gonna help as every hard copy pulled for credit shows up for 3yrs and affects the credit score. I’m not very happy to switch with incorrect info given. 

While yes, hard credit checks impact credit scores, they do not impact it for the full three years. It's a terrible system but at least the score rebounds quickly from hard checks. Any postpaid account with telecom is a hard check afaik.

The service agreement is typically mailed after the fact.

So currently you have had this done, but no number under your name shows up. Would you like me to flag a rep here to look further into it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The last 3 times over several weeks I give not been able to see my data usage. Today I can't even see my latest bill. Is anyone else having this problem?

Please do start a new thread as this issue is very different from OP’s. We'd be happy to assist

Please do start a new thread as this issue is very different from OP’s. We'd be happy to assist

Hey thank you so much I spoke with another csr and everything is resolved now maybe the 1st csr wasn’t willing t help much. Thank you everyone for your response and yes i will have to pay for the connection fees but she said it would be waived back in 3rd month. Thanks all once again.