Koodo Community
Solved

Transfer data, phone, messaging to new sim card

• 19 August 2021
  • 5 replies

I bought an iphone 12 mini a week ago and put the new sim card in. The data, messaging and calling do not work. They do work on my old phone still though. I dont want to just transfer the old sim card to the new phone though, because ive taken pics and videos over the last week that I dont want to lose. Is there a way to just get the data, messaging and phone changed to the new sim card without losing any of the pics/vids I have?

icon

Best answer by Robert T 19 August 2021, 04:35

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes there is. First, using a new or old Sim card will change none of that. Be sure to use your old Sim card so you can actually call text and have data. Here is more info on how to transfer your data from your old iPhone to your new one:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210216

So if I put the old sim card in my new phone, the pics I have taken over the past week with the new sim card will still be there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So if I put the old sim card in my new phone, the pics I have taken over the past week with the new sim card will still be there?

The sim card is just your connection to Koodo. No data such as pictures or videos are stored on it.

The sim card is just your connection to Koodo. No data such as pictures or videos are stored on it.

Oh, thank you very much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Apple is very good at transferring everything from your old phone to your new phone. If you follow the backup  and restore route, you should have your old phone on your new phone.