Koodo Community
Question

Received a notification of an unknown phone part

• 4 February 2023
  • 5 replies

I just received my new phone purchased from Koodo, it is a pre-owned phone. In settings I have a notification that says my phone has an unknown part and that it is unable to determine if my iPhone display is a genuine apple part, and that this could be because it is a non-genuine, not functioning as expected or the installation is incomplete. I am struggling to contact Koodo and ask for help, the chat is not helpful. Has anyone experienced this?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As far as I know, koodo is selling asurion certified phone. They warranty it themselves and not by Apple. Some parts weren’t OEM part. 

If you are not comfortable using it, ask for return and refund following this link https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which iPhone model did you receive?

In what condition was the iPhone listed as? (Like-new, Great or Very Good)

Your best option is to contact the webstore by sending an email to koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com  to initiate the return process.

We’ve seen a number of certified pre-owned (CPO) iPhones with non-genuine Apple parts. You can explain the situation in your email message. Let the webstore team know that you would like to return the device and purchase a different iPhone (same model). Or advise the webstore team that you would like a refund.

Userlevel 4

I just received my new phone purchased from Koodo, it is a pre-owned phone. In settings I have a notification that says my phone has an unknown part and that it is unable to determine if my iPhone display is a genuine apple part, and that this could be because it is a non-genuine, not functioning as expected or the installation is incomplete. I am struggling to contact Koodo and ask for help, the chat is not helpful. Has anyone experienced this?

You are not the first person here. I started to complain about it for awhile and have been marked as “the odd person” here by a Mobile Master.

Anyway, yes it’s a known issue that Koodo uses non-genuine display for iphones. However, they don’t mention this anywhere on their CPO page that phones might have non-genuine parts!These are probably the repaired phones that customers returned with Device Protection Plan.

Read my post and if you have similar problem then contact webstore and get it exchanged ASAP

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No one called you an odd person. Odd was used in a manner to describe it as uncommon.

However we have escalated the situation to koodo so that customers are better informed as we don't see this as a odd occurrence anymore. 

Userlevel 4

No one called you an odd person. Odd was used in a manner to describe it as uncommon.

However we have escalated the situation to koodo so that customers are better informed as we don't see this as a odd occurrence anymore. 

Thanks for your assistance. Odd occurrences are odd to deal with. :)