Koodo Community
Solved

Reactivate my cancelled account

Hi,

I have a big problem now with my account.

I was on a trip in other country and thought to lose my sim card so reported it.

I found the sim card in a few days so tried to reactivate it, however, my account is suspended and suddenly I got email that my account is cancelled.

I’ve called to agents, store and sent email to fraudfax@koodo.com but i can’t figure it out.

Agents and store told me to send email and wait, I sent twice and have been waiting for 2 weeks and no reply.

I must keep my number.

Anybody knows how to figure this out? 

My number seems to be held so I can’t to transfer to other carrier.

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 28 July 2023, 14:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When did you report and suspend it? Did you do the process through your self serve?

Can you access to your self serve?

@Mayumi I don’t remember when exactly I reported. it's around 12-15th, July and I got email for cancellation on 18th, July. When I report and try to report, it was through  self serve because I was in other country.

I had not been able to access my account for about a week but now I can access my account now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you like, we can flag a rep to see if there’s anything to do. If it’s with fraud, it’s one of those it gets done whenever and they’ll let you know things, as part of not wanting to give any detaisl of how they investigate  a potential fruad. But maybe something can be done to see why it’s 2 weeks and counting. You saaid ytou can access self-serve now. Can you do aanything in it?

@Goran What I can do is only “seeing bill detail”, “manage payment” and “Pay now”. 
I can’t see my number. can see only my account number.

I sent email again to check my status but I don’t know whether they reply of it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Goran What I can do is only “seeing bill detail”, “manage payment” and “Pay now”. 

I sent email again to check my status but I don’t know whether they reply of it.

You should schedule a callback through Koodo Assist to speak with a rep. They should be able to direct you to the appropriate department. https://Koo.do/Chat 

You should schedule a callback through Koodo Assist to speak with a rep. They should be able to direct you to the appropriate department. https://Koo.do/Chat 

I already did a few times but they said they can’t help me. I don’t know why but my verifying information is incorrect. 
that’s why i sent email including verifiying my information but still waiting for the reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well if it is in the hands of the fraud department, there isn't much that can be done. Even a rep doesn't have that type of information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The fraud process is ridiculous.  It is slow, unresponsive, non-transparent, and they hold your account and number hostage.  I would honestly recommend anyone who is caught up in the fraud review when they shouldnt be, to file a CCTS complaint.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/crtc-wireless-code?INTCMP=KMNew_FooterLINK_CRTCWirelessCode

The fraud process is ridiculous.  It is slow, unresponsive, non-transparent, and they hold your account and number hostage.  I would honestly recommend anyone who is caught up in the fraud review when they shouldnt be, to file a CCTS complaint.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/crtc-wireless-code?INTCMP=KMNew_FooterLINK_CRTCWirelessCode

I see. It’s slow but it’s ongoing. This is really weird, they quickly hold my account but slowly release and reply for it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yeah, which is the problem. I can imagine some time is needed. But this isn’t the first time someone has come here to say it’s been weeks. I’d expect them to move fast to minimize or prevent potential fraud, but then…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I get it.  Minimize potential fraud.

But you cant just stop the line completely and then not even allow it to be ported out.  

They are holding the line hostage.

If they are not able to resolve the fraud situation within 24 hours, Koodo should allow it to be ported out or allow some restricted access to talk, text, and a minimum amount of data.  Phones are a lifeline.

I get it.  Minimize potential fraud.

But you cant just stop the line completely and then not even allow it to be ported out.  

They are holding the line hostage.

If they are not able to resolve the fraud situation within 24 hours, Koodo should allow it to be ported out or allow some restricted access to talk, text, and a minimum amount of data.  Phones are a lifeline.

Exactly. Restriction is tough but solution is too late. I have important calls within 2 weeks. I must figure it out.

this is ridiculous

Hi,

I have a big problem now with my account.

I was on a trip in other country and thought to lose my sim card so reported it.

I found the sim card in a few days so tried to reactivate it, however, my account is suspended and suddenly I got email that my account is cancelled.

I’ve called to agents, store and sent email to fraudfax@koodo.com but i can’t figure it out.

Agents and store told me to send email and wait, I sent twice and have been waiting for 2 weeks and no reply.

I must keep my number.

Anybody knows how to figure this out? 

My number seems to be held so I can’t to transfer to other carrier.

This is finally solved by fraud team.

email address is wrong which Koodo customer service agents and Koodo dealer let me know.

Correct email address is fraudfax@telus.com NOT fraudfax@koodo.com.

This wastes huge time. Telus agents called back very fast within 2 days and they figured it out.

I submitted all the documents that I can prove my address and my info.

Hopefully this will help for the people that have same problem.