Koodo Community

No Service/Emergency Calls Only

• 4 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I live in Vancouver, BC and I have had no phone service most of the day with it fluctuating between No Service/Emergency calls only. I cannot find any information about a Telus/Koodo outage. Anyone else experiencing the same issues? 

Edit: I have tried restarting my phone and turning it off. This started around 9AM Pacific Time.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Vancouver is pretty big and I havent see anyone mentioning an outage there.

Have you logged into your self serve to see if your account is active and paid up?

Also try Resetting your network settings.  Note that any wifi or bluetooth passwords/connections will be lost

Yes - my account is paid (auto payment). I live in the City of Vancouver (southeast). Service has been intermittent or a very weak signal. I’ve tried everything with no results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was service working perfectly prior to 9am (PST)?  What phone are you using?  Was it purchased from Koodo?

Have you spoken to any friends, family, neighbours, coworkers who use Telus/Koodo to see if they are experiencing similar issues?

Yes, phone was working previous to 9AM. I have a Samsung Galaxy S22+ purchased from Koodo November 2022.

Yes, I have heard of some others with issues as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m still not seeing any reported outages.

https://www.telus.com/en/outages

If there are multiple of you with similar issues, then please report the outage