Koodo Community
Question

Dropped Calls

• 14 June 2023
  • 36 replies

Is anyone having issues with calls constantly being dropped? When I was talking to my sister a few days ago, who is also with Koodo, the call literally dropped four times - so frustrating!!! If I make calls to a landline, the call will drop once. Why does this keep happening??? 

This topic has been closed for comments

36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How is your network connection when you are making/taking calls?

It’s usually 2-3 bars out of 4!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That’s not bad.  Try resetting your network settings.  Just note that any bluetooth and wifi connections and passwords will be lost.

Okay, Thank you! I will give that a try.

Update: I reset my network settings and calls are still being dropped..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which phone are you using and when the dropped call happened, was it indoor and outdoor?

As well, did it only happen with one.person or it happened with everyone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try your sim in another phone (Friend of family) and even try their sim in your phone (ideally both are with Koodo/Telus).  Doe the issue continue?  If so does it follow your sim or phone?

Which phone are you using and when the dropped call happened, was it indoor and outdoor?

My phone is the iPhone 11. It happens indoors, and also while driving using Bluetooth. It’s been happening with everyone… my sister is also with Koodo and our call dropped 4 times during one phone call. I’ve also called & received calls from a Bell landline and it also drops at least once. 

Try your sim in another phone (Friend of family) and even try their sim in your phone (ideally both are with Koodo/Telus).  Doe the issue continue?  If so does it follow your sim or phone?

Okay, I will try that tomorrow! Thanks again! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My phone is the iPhone 11. It happens indoors, and also while driving using Bluetooth. It’s been happening with everyone… my sister is also with Koodo and our call dropped 4 times during one phone call. I’ve also called & received calls from a Bell landline and it also drops at least once. 

Indoor and driving are the most 2 common conditions for bad signal reception. If it was normal every where else, I don’t think there was an issue with the phone. 

For indoor issue, I recommend you turn on wifi calling, https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/wifi-calling

When you are driving, there isn’t much you could do. If the signal was bad, I would just wait until you reach the destination to call them back

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Bluetooth connections for cars can vary. Some cars just don't play nice with some phones. You can also try removing the phone from the cars connected devices list and set up a connection again.

Me again… I just got a new SIM card for my phone and the calls are still dropping! Besides getting a new phone, is there anything else that can be done? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does this happen regardess of where you are? Does anyone else with Koodo/Telus have similar issues wherever you are?

Yes, it doesn’t matter where I am (home, car, etc) it still drops. No they don’t! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, it doesn’t matter where I am (home, car, etc) it still drops. No they don’t! 

If the phone was the problem, it would be tough to resolve. I recommend you put the sim in a friend or someone phone to test to be conclusive about the cause of the problem

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If this is happening to others who are using Koodo/Telus, then it sounds like a coverage area issue.

Did the network coverage used to work well?  Is this a recent development?

WHat town are you in?

Many in our area report dropped calls also or not receiving, then receiving voicemail instead. It seems to be growing problem. How do we get in touch with Koodo or what else to do??? It’s been recent in last few months. Not even since derecho in eastern ontario

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can report outages here.  This will cause Telus to investigate.  However note that there have been outages due to VoLTE and other issues the past 2 days.

https://www.telus.com/en/outages

Thank you, though ironically, the website doesn’t work. And I’m using wifi on another carrier (trying to report challenges, not an outage). ARG.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The link works for me.  Try clearing your cache and ensure java scripts are enabled.

I can’t get the “home and mibility services” button to work. That’s what I need.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh that is ironic.

At this point my only recommendation is to request a callback via koodo assist.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout

Or it might be easier to just switch providers 🤷🏻

EDIT: If all calls drop and the same is happening with others, then I would report it as a full out outage

Same issue here! 🤚 iPhone 14 pro and the caller cant hear me after 5 mins and the call is dropped. Spoke with Apple twice! Ran a diagnostic test, reset network settings, sim in and out, and restored to factory settings, clearly its an issue with Koodo. I’m currently in the Durham region.

I spoke with Koodo yesterday, Koodo said they need people to call and report issues or they can’t fix/investigate. 

Since they run on telus towers, you’d think you’d have good service out there. could be storm damage.

Thats terrible! I bet alot of people dont even know they have an issue as they dont call anyone anymore 🤣 this has been going on for months and i kept thinking it was my phone 🙄