Koodo Community
Question

Dropped Calls

• 14 June 2023
  • 36 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

36 replies

I also cant remember the last time i had 3 or 4 bars…. 

I am having non-stop issues..dropped calls, no service, calls not coming through.  I came on to see how to report without calling and being stuck on hold.  I have a fairly new phone, so unfortunately cannot switch provider until my phone is paid off, which is gonna be a while!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am having non-stop issues..dropped calls, no service, calls not coming through.  I came on to see how to report without calling and being stuck on hold.  I have a fairly new phone, so unfortunately cannot switch provider until my phone is paid off, which is gonna be a while!!

Where are you located?  What town/city?

Is this a recent issue?  Has your phone  (new or old) worked previously?

I am in simcoe, about 15 min from lake erie.  Phone is 8 mths old, been having issues for about 6 months, but the past few months has been horrible!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I dont see any active outages in Simcoe.

https://www.telus.com/en/outages

Typically when things are very bad there would be numerous complaints.  Are your friends, family , co-workers who are with Telus/Koodo also all experiencing the same thing?

Do you still have you old phone available to you?

Yes, still have my old phone.  Nobody that i know of is with koodo, not sure about telus

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you try your sim in your old phone and see if the network improves?

I will try it when I get home for a couple days and see.

Recently, I've noticed that the Koodo network has gone bad. Are they intentionally doing this? My wife and friends also complain about dropped calls. When I called Koodo, the lady I spoke to told me to change the SIM. Even after changing the SIM, the same problem occurs. I'm now thinking about changing carriers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Recently, I've noticed that the Koodo network has gone bad. Are they intentionally doing this? My wife and friends also complain about dropped calls. When I called Koodo, the lady I spoke to told me to change the SIM. Even after changing the SIM, the same problem occurs. I'm now thinking about changing carriers.

I would report the issue as an outage

https://www.telus.com/en/outages

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I will try it when I get home for a couple days and see.

@Rocksanne any updates here?  curious.