Koodo Community
Question

“Dropped” Calls

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

32 replies

I’ll ask.  What happens if it turns out some other people around here are having similar issues?  What happens if they’re not?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ll ask.  What happens if it turns out some other people around here are having similar issues?  What happens if they’re not?

If others are having similar issue then at least we know the issue does not lay with you.  In this case I would ask your city/town and if this reception issue has always been this way or was it a recent change.

If others are not having this issue, then the problem would be determined to be localized to your.  Specifically your phone, sim, or account.

In my area,,right next door, he has Telus and reports terrible issues with dropped calls similar to mine. Two doors down on the other side, he has Bell and has same problems ,assuming Telus shares a tower up here.  At Apple store,  wife’s  Iphone 14 thoroughly tested showing 29 dropped calls since she got it 5 weeks ago, stating its a “network” issue, They suggested visiting the Telus store in same mall. At the store he said to get sim card out and go with an esim (two days ago). He did this..Have not used phone much to see if issue persists. 

He also (sort of) said there was a tower with issues in my area, but unwilling to expand or really doesn’t know any more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If it is indeed tower issues, your only recourse is to report the outage

https://www.telus.com/outages

If that doesnt solve anything, then you will need to find a carrier that can maintain decent coverage for your area

@Peppe99  I’m in Burlington using iphone 12; same problem, and going on for more than a month now. I’ve been with Koodo for years and never had an issue. Loved the price and features like easy roam when I’m away. But now looking very seriously at switching to another carrier because my business calls keep dropping.

I finally set up a callback with Koodo, and it went well.  The first person didn’t know what the problem was, so she put me through to a tech person.  That person went through various things with me, including turning on wifi calling on my phone to improve call quality at least while I’m in my house.  He suspects there’s a tower problem in the area, and said that the more people who report issues, the quicker the problem gets fixed.  He plans to call back in a week or so to see if my calls are improved after whatever it is he did at his end.  We’ll see.  But I was impressed with the level of customer service I received - I had been thinking it was frustrating that I was having this problem and couldn’t speak to customer service.  The callback was very good.  It remains to be seen whether or not Koodo is going to be good for me here where I live.

Same issue. I have the iPhone 14 pro. Dropped calls and I cant be heard after 5 mins of being on a phone call. Its not exclusive to my house, this happens when I’m on the road using bluetooth as well. I’m currently in the Durham region. Looking at switching providers as well as this is ridiculous!!!! I called apple twice and no issues with my phone, they’ve run a diagnostic test - reset network settings, inserted sim card in and out and restored to factory settings. Clearly its a carrier issue that Koodo needs to figure out ASAP