Koodo Community
Question

Access Text Records?

• 10 February 2022
  • 2 replies

I’m a former Koodo customer (April 2019-August 2021) and need a copy of my text records for when I was a Koodo customer, specifically from the period of May 2019-December 2019. I’m engaged in a dispute with my car dealership over promises made to me by the sales rep, and require access to text conversations he and I had in order to prove to the dealership what was promised to me at the time of sale. I have repeatedly called the customer service phone number for Koodo (1-866-995-6636) but cannot for the life of me get through to a customer service representative for assistance. Every time I call, I get directed to a series of pre-recorded messages and then get disconnected. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo doesn't keep copies of your text messages. There's a remote possibility that the information might still reside on a server somewhere, but even if it does there's no way you're getting it without a court order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m a former Koodo customer (April 2019-August 2021) and need a copy of my text records for when I was a Koodo customer, specifically from the period of May 2019-December 2019. I’m engaged in a dispute with my car dealership over promises made to me by the sales rep, and require access to text conversations he and I had in order to prove to the dealership what was promised to me at the time of sale. I have repeatedly called the customer service phone number for Koodo (1-866-995-6636) but cannot for the life of me get through to a customer service representative for assistance. Every time I call, I get directed to a series of pre-recorded messages and then get disconnected. 

Assuming that you back up your phone on an occasional basis, have you looked into those files to see if they still have your text messages from that period?