Koodo Community
Tutorial

Payment options for overdue fees

• 10 June 2022
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In this article, you will learn about your payment options if your balance is overdue.

Here is a list of topics we will be covering within this article:

Payment arrangements

I missed my bill payment and have an overdue balance. What options do I have?
The best option is to pay your bill immediately. If you’re unable to do so, you may be able to avoid service disconnection by making a payment arrangement, an agreement to pay your bill at a later date.

What is a payment arrangement?
Payment arrangements allow you to divide your balance up to 3 payment dates and your account will be protected from interruptions as long as the payment arrangements are followed. It will depend on our payment services for the eligibility and the conditions of a payment arrangement.

Am I eligible for a payment arrangement?
Log into Self Serve. If you have an overdue balance and are eligible for arrangements, the "Pay in installments" option will be available for selection.

You can proceed with the payment arrangement by selecting it and hitting "Next".
If you only see "Pay now", this means you are not eligible for arrangements and you can only proceed by paying with your Visa Debit or credit card.

Y79ne9rlKBWAe5hRMWW9yYCwvBFSzGjHBxbeo2G2JWpZqzm2PHb9Uc1HplUjleDdcz-9ZfkvjqpP_DSbf2bgbwvMOudAoOBVQkeYQEi_wS-AO0lMtOpuy67Pl75RwA2gBG1u2ktBKDsq6I-C

Please note that making a payment arrangement does not prevent late fees or possible negative effects on your credit rating.

Disconnected service. What now?

My service was disconnected due to a missed payment. How can I get it back? And how soon will my service be restored?
The best option is to pay your bill immediately. If you’re unable to do so, you might be eligible for making a payment arrangement, which is an agreement to pay your bill at a later date.

To see if you’re eligible for a payment arrangement, log into Self Serve. If you have an overdue balance and are eligible for arrangements, the "Pay in installments" option will be available for selection.

Once we’ve received your payment arrangement online, we’ll restore your service quickly (typically within an hour). Make sure you turn your phone off and on again to reactivate your service.

Note: You remain responsible for all recurring charges while the services are suspended.

Will I be charged a reconnection fee once my service is restored?
Yes. A reconnection fee of $50 will be applied to your next bill.

How can I make a payment?
You can pay by Visa Debit or credit card, online through Self Serve or over the phone by dialing *227. If you pay with a Canadian credit card, Visa Debit, or selected Visa/Mastercard gift cards, payment will immediately show on your account if you’re paying through Self Serve

You can also make a payment at your bank or financial institution (at the teller or ATM). Please allow 3-5  business days for your payment to be processed.

Note: The amount you commit to pay must be posted to your account by the agreed-upon date. If we don’t receive the funds by the agreed upon date, your service will be suspended immediately and a reconnection fee will apply.

See Past due bill for more information.

What happens if I miss my payment(s)?

If you miss your payment(s), your service may be disconnected and you’ll be subject to a reconnection fee. Your credit rating may also be affected.

Late charges of 3% compounded monthly (42.58% per year) are applied to any overdue balance starting one calendar day after the date shown on your invoice.

Late payments are reported to the credit bureau and added to your credit report at least 30 days after the payment due date.

You may also choose to place your account on pre-authorized payments to avoid any late payments in the future. This will have a positive impact on your bureau and is a great way to build or establish your credit.

Can a late payment hurt my credit score?

Yes. Koodo still reports your credit regularly. And even with payment arrangements, the account will still incur late payment charges.

How to report a payment

I made a payment at my bank. I’m worried it might not have reached Koodo yet. What options do I have?

If you’ve paid your entire overdue balance (or more), you may be eligible to send us an online payment notification.

To see if you’re eligible to send an online payment notification, go to the Billing page in Self Serve. If you’re eligible, "Tell us you've paid this balance" option will be available for selection. You can report your payment by selecting it and hitting "Next".

Note: Keep in mind that you can only report the full past due amount.

My service was disconnected, and I notified Koodo of my payment. How soon will my service be restored?
Once we’ve received your online payment notification, we’ll restore your service quickly (typically within an hour). Make sure you turn your phone off and on again to reactivate it.
Note: A reconnection fee of $50 will be applied to your next bill.

NSF Charges

What charges apply if my payment is returned due to insufficient funds?

When payments originating from a bank are returned due to insufficient or unavailable funds (also known as NSF fees) are subject to the return payment fee of $25. It’s important to note that our billing system will automatically re-attempt the payment after a few days. NSF charges do NOT apply to Pre-authorized credit card payments

Heads up: If there are 2 or more returned payments within 6 months, Pre-Authorized Payments will automatically be removed from the account.

Note: Some financial institutions will charge a similar fee on their end as well. Check with your bank to learn more about their policies. 

This topic has been closed for comments