Koodo Community
Solved

Will I be automatically charged next month for the $ 50.00 per 30 days plan?

• 29 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I’m visiting family in Canada and decided to get a SIM card from Koodo. The person who sold it to me said it was a prepaid plan that will only last for one month and that I will need to manually top it up after that, but when I logged into my Prepaid Self Serve account it says I will be billed again for $56 next month. I will be back in my home country next month and won’t need to pay for the SIM card until I next visit. Can someone tell me if it’s normal to see a bill for the next month, or should I contact Koodo to cancel the upcoming charge? My credit card is not on the account to provide automatic top ups, but I don’t want to be billed monthly by Koodo when I am not using the SIM.

Thanks for any help!

icon

Best answer by Dennis 29 February 2024, 19:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you post a screenshot of what you’re seeing? I suppose it’s the base plan that’s showing as being billed. But if you don’t pay for it, the plan will not renew itself.

Sure Robert, here is it. I paid for one month of prepaid usage on February 8th, so this appears to be the next time I will be billed, even though I don’t want to use the SIM beyond March 7th.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Since you have $0 in available funds, as long as you didnt register for Automatic topups, your line will not automatically renew.  After 90 days without any topups, your line will cancelled

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/topping-your-prepaid-account

Thanks @Dennis !