Koodo Community
Solved

Senior's Discount

Hello everyone! I was reading online that there is a Senior’s Discount for Koodo for basic cell phone coverage.  It’s $25CAD.  Can I make the change from my plain basic plan to the seniors discounted plan online thru self serve or must I please to a live person?  

icon

Best answer by Sophia 21 June 2022, 20:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Where did you see this discount advertised? Koodo has had $25 plans in the past on postpaid but currently it’s priced at $32.

Hi. I just searched Koodo seniors plan and is popped up on a google search.  see below.

Does Koodo offer seniors discount?

Koodo offers very attractive prepaid packages for Seniors. Koodo's most basic prepaid package costs about $15. It includes 100 minutes of Canada-wide calling but no data. If you want a bit more than this, their $25 prepaid plan provides unlimited Canada-wide and international calling, as well as 500MB of monthly data.Mar 24, 2022

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ah yes that plan is very easy to get - all you need to do is buy a prepaid SIM card, sign up with a plan and then port your number across to that plan. You don’t need to involve a rep at all. Also, you don’t need to be a senior to get it - it’s great for youngsters and everyone in between too 😊

I already have a SIM card and am on a koodo plan. How do I switch to this plan. It doesn`t come up on the list of plans to change to. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Right, because I assume that you are on a regular (postpaid) plan. Prepaid and postpaid are not compatible with each other, so you would definitely need to buy a separate prepaid SIM and sign up. You get to keep your number, of course.

I am on a prepaid plan. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oh, I see. What plan do you currently have? In that case, you should be able to switch to one of the plans you just mentioned. You can post a screenshot if you want of your self serve so we can see why you aren’t able to select the plan you want (make sure you mask any personal information).

Oh I think I am on the monthly plan.  Doesn`t allow me to log into the Prepaid. Only monthly.  I will look into the prepaid sim card at the Telus dealer.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let us know if you have any issues signing up ☺️

Thanks for your help everyone!

Hi. I just searched Koodo seniors plan and is popped up on a google search.  see below.

Does Koodo offer seniors discount?

Koodo offers very attractive prepaid packages for Seniors. Koodo's most basic prepaid package costs about $15. It includes 100 minutes of Canada-wide calling but no data. If you want a bit more than this, their $25 prepaid plan provides unlimited Canada-wide and international calling, as well as 500MB of monthly data.Mar 24, 2022

There is an error in the wording above. It should most likely read “international texting” not international calling.  You have to buy Boosters to call the US or Internationally.

Also if you switch make sure you do not owe any money on a tab with Koodo or you will have to pay it out all at once.

Yes, I currently have international messaging and that was I want to keep, not calling.  All my friends and family reside in the US.  My current monthly plan which is automatically paid each month by credit card is $35 (39.20 with tax) and I get 100 mins, unlimited international messaging but only 300 MB data.  Thanks again.  I`ll go to a Telus shop and see if they can help me with the prepaid sim card and getting my number transferred.