Koodo Community
Solved

long distance charge to a canadian number

• 22 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi! Struggling a bit to understan why I received a long distance charge for a call to a canadian number. My plan includes free canada-wide minutes so I’m unsure why this happened, especially because the area codes were the same for my number and the number I called. Is there any way I can dispute the charge? Or else figure out why it happened.

icon

Best answer by Flo Koodo 22 October 2023, 21:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @leah337 

We have checked and we can see that your current plan comes with 100 outgoing nationwide minutes. The charges were incurred for the nationwide minutes used on top of the 100 included. (Nationwide minutes are considered when you call from your current province to a different province). For example., if you make calls while you are in ON and you already used the 100 nationwide minutes, overages will apply for the calls made to a province other than ON.

@Flo Koodo Oh thanks, that helps to know that nationwide is distinguished from calls within the province. Is there a distinction between outgoing and incoming calls? Or do those 100 minutes include incoming nationwide calls as well? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@leah337  Your plan includes unlimited incoming nationwide minutes. Only the outgoing nationwide minutes are limited to 100 minutes per bill cycle. 

I hope this helps :)