Koodo Community
Question

Error message when trying to pay remaining bill after cancelling my phone number

Hi,

I recently got a monthly plan from Koodo for the duration of my stay in Canada. Since I am back in my home country, I requested to cancel my phone number/account and was told I’d be able to pay the remaining bill according to my usage when the number was cancelled. Now that it is cancelled, I have been trying to pay the bill nearly every day, but I’m faced with an error message just as I try to pay: “The service is unavailable right now | Our systems aren’t able to process your request at this time. Check back shortly or refresh the page. | Error code #500”. I also do not have a canadian bank account, so paying through a bank is also not possible for me. I tried to request a callback to sort out this issue so I could pay my bill, but unfortunately, I no longer have a Canadian phone number, and I am not in Canada anymore, and the chatbot says it will only callback Canadian phone numbers. This means I have no way to reach Koodo and resolve this issue directly and pay my bill, and unfortunately, I am almost past the due date for this bill. I don’t know how to proceed from here, and would really appreciate some guidance.

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That message often show up if you use a foreign card or try to pay from a foreign IP address. 
As you are overseas, you can contact Koodo by chatting with a rep via Facebook messaging. Links are below at the bottom of the forum page 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From abroad, you can contact them through Facebook or X private message. Hope you get it sorted 😊