Koodo Community
Question

Wireless Home Phone ZTE WF723CA poor sound

• 10 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Yesterday  I started using my new ZTE WF723CA Wireless home phone hub hooked up to my home phone that I had been using for many years with my Bell copper landline.  Although I can hear people very clearly, everyone complains that I sound awful--raspy, like a transistor radio type quality of sound.  This was not the case with my Bell landline so I don’t think my phone is the problem.   Just to be sure, I tried it with an old fashioned push button corded phone--but sound was still bad.  I have full signal strength and the device is beside a window.  I had placed my cordless phone hub as far away as possible in the room, but it does need to connect to the ZTE so must remain within the same room.  Is this to be expected with the ZTE device?  ARe there adjustments that can be made?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yesterday  I started using my new ZTE WF723CA Wireless home phone hub hooked up to my home phone that I had been using for many years with my Bell copper landline.  Although I can hear people very clearly, everyone complains that I sound awful--raspy, like a transistor radio type quality of sound.  This was not the case with my Bell landline so I don’t think my phone is the problem.   Just to be sure, I tried it with an old fashioned push button corded phone--but sound was still bad.  I have full signal strength and the device is beside a window.  I had placed my cordless phone hub as far away as possible in the room, but it does need to connect to the ZTE so must remain within the same room.  Is this to be expected with the ZTE device?  ARe there adjustments that can be made?

There may be some interference with a device within proximity of the wireless home phone. Have you tried removing some items to see if the call quality is better?

I have removed one phone from the room, but I can’t remove the phone base as it needs to plug into the hub in order to receive calls.  I did use an extra long cord to keep it as far away from the hub as possible but the sound issue persisted even after moving the phone base as far away as I could.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have removed one phone from the room, but I can’t remove the phone base as it needs to plug into the hub in order to receive calls.  I did use an extra long cord to keep it as far away from the hub as possible but the sound issue persisted even after moving the phone base as far away as I could.

Can you try placing the phone hub in another location which is still beside a window?

I can try that just to see if it helps.  Will report back.

I have gone through troubleshooting with tech support including resetting the network, putting the device on a surge protector and moving every possible interfering device from the room.  There does not seem to be a solution to this problem and I notice there are threads online with this particular ZTE phone hub on different carrier networks, with others experiencing similar problems, but no one has posted a solution.  IF anyone has this same device and has managed to solve this sort of problem, I’d be interested to see if there is anything else that can be done.