Koodo Community
Question

wireless home phone noise on the line

The wireless home phone I installed for my mother-in-law has a lot of noise on the line. How do I solve this?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can try restarting the hub and replugging everything. You can see if the problem follows with another phone or not. That’ll help determine if the issue is with the phone or the hub. Does this noise happen regardless of distance from the base of the phone?

I will try that. She lives a few hours away, so next time I'm there I'll try it. I also thought maybe moving the hub closer to the window would help. Do you think that her fall detection device, also plugged into the hub could be creating static?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s certainly a possibility. She could even try unplugging it and then making a call. But if she’s completely not able to do something like that, then you can try it out and play with positioning as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Moving the hub closer to the window should greatly improve reception. A cell tower map may prove useful when positioning the hub and trying to figure out where the nearest cellular tower is located in relation to your mother-in-law’s location.

Canadian Cell Towers Map

Try plugging the hub into a wall receptacle or a power strip with a short length of cord. Make sure the hub is not near any appliances or devices that might cause interference. You might be able to find an adapter that positions the fall detection device further away from the hub, which may help to minimize static.